5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Heated steering wheel on limited Ram’s?

Scjon03

Reaction score
Question. Does the wood trim on the top and bottom of the heated steering wheel on the limits get warm/hot or just the leather?

Neurobit

RAM Sorcerer
Reaction score
Question. Does the wood trim on the top and bottom of the heated steering wheel on the limits get warm/hot or just the leather?
All of it gets hot. Not warm, but hot ;)
Pretty nifty feature. I had it on my X5 and my A6 and can’t believe how much I use it in cooler weather.

Jus Cruisin

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I'm in the process of relocating to Michigan and expect to use that feature frequently. I did try it out on a chilly day and found my leather gets hot and wood is warm. I think the heat transfers quicker through the leather.

Fidomac

Reaction score
it gets too hot..... You have to turn it off after a couple of minutes

VinnyRam

Reaction score
Mine is hot/warm everywhere but at the bottom wood trim ( 6 o' clock). Anyone experiencing the same thing ?

Moparmad74

Reaction score
Mine is hot/warm everywhere but at the bottom wood trim ( 6 o' clock). Anyone experiencing the same thing ?

Same, that small wood grip at 6 o'clock does not heat up, the rest is just fine, the leather heats up much faster than the wood around the top but not a big deal to me.

SpeedyV

Ram Connoisseur
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
It all warms up on mine, but it takes a very long time for the non-Leather areas to reach similar temps to the leather. The supplier obviously didn’t compensate for material differences.

Jus Cruisin

Ram Guru
Reaction score
The top wood section gets to a comfortable temp. The leather get just plain hot. I shut it off after about 3-4 minutes.

6 months ago I would have never thought I'd be experiencing the heat seats/steering wheel. I was never moving away from Florida..... Life through me a curveball, for sure. Just got to experience a 10" snowstorm Monday and Tuesday I got to experience all the slop on the roads along with single digit temps. Two thumbs down!

Oh, and I had to shovel an area in my backyard so my dog would poop. Grrrrr........

jloops

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I know this thread is about Limited, but I figured I’d chime in anyway. My Laramie is all leather, barely feels like it’s on. Dealer “said” they compared it to another truck and it was the same, performs as expected nothing wrong. My 4th Gen Sport got hot just like most of you are describing.

VinnyRam

Reaction score
I know this thread is about Limited, but I figured I’d chime in anyway. My Laramie is all leather, barely feels like it’s on. Dealer “said” they compared it to another truck and it was the same, performs as expected nothing wrong. My 4th Gen Sport got hot just like most of you are describing.
Don't take their word. Did you test it yourself on another Laramie?

jloops

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Don't take their word. Did you test it yourself on another Laramie?

Not yet. I have to go back in a week for a part that is on order and plan to have them kindly show me the truck they compared it to.

RJS

Reaction score
As a data point, my 19 Laramie level 2 leather wheel heats up enough I turn it off in 4-5 minutes and it's been in the teens to thirties lately in Michigan.

Neurobit

RAM Sorcerer
Reaction score
I can cook hotdogs on mine after a few minutes (not complaining).
Would come in handy if wearing thick gloves I suppose.

Scott_65

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Used mine along with the heated seat this morning on a auto start and it was nice and warm when I got in. Doesn’t get as warm as the caddy but still pretty good and a nice feature on those few cold mornings.

SpeedyV

Ram Connoisseur
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
The top wood section gets to a comfortable temp. The leather get just plain hot. I shut it off after about 3-4 minutes.

6 months ago I would have never thought I'd be experiencing the heat seats/steering wheel. I was never moving away from Florida..... Life through me a curveball, for sure. Just got to experience a 10" snowstorm Monday and Tuesday I got to experience all the slop on the roads along with single digit temps. Two thumbs down!

Oh, and I had to shovel an area in my backyard so my dog would poop. Grrrrr........
My brother once balked at the idea of a heated steering wheel, saying (on a test drive) that he'd never use it.

Two weeks later, it was his favorite feature on his new truck.

Users who are viewing this thread