5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Heated steering wheel button

Civsi2nv

Reaction score
Hey all. Weird question, my heated steering wheel button is recessed back from the heated seat buttons on either side of it. Is this normal or is the button not retracting back into the correct position? The button functions fine, just doesnt look right to me. If anyone could check theirs and let me know it would save me a trip to the dealer! Thanks!

silver64

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Hey all. Weird question, my heated steering wheel button is recessed back from the heated seat buttons on either side of it. Is this normal or is the button not retracting back into the correct position? The button functions fine, just doesnt look right to me. If anyone could check theirs and let me know it would save me a trip to the dealer! Thanks!
Mine are all flush with each other

Civsi2nv

Reaction score
Just went out and fixed the problem. Now that I know its supposed to pop back flush I noticed the silver divider was pinching the button. With a plastic trim tool I was able to coax it over and now it works as intended! Thanks guys!

U

User_9089

You guys are kidding right? Or maybe not. :D
It is right between the hard buttons for the heated seats, and ventilated seats if equipped.

Then again, it looks like the hard buttons are not there if you have the fancy 12" screen...

Attachments

• 1553864090374.png
    1553864090374.png
    154.9 KB · Views: 10

Ortiz7983

Ram Guru
Reaction score
You guys are kidding right? Or maybe not. :D
It is right between the hard buttons for the heated seats, and ventilated seats if equipped.

Then again, it looks like the hard buttons are not there if you have the fancy 12" screen...
View attachment 20650
That’s what it is then. I was like, I don’t see any button.

U

User_9089

But with all that screen real estate, do they have the ability to assign permanent soft buttons at the bottom of the screen?

Civsi2nv

Reaction score
I just find it easier to tap the button... Still getting used to the new display!! I guess I'm old school!

Gtbrown

Reaction score
I spent some time looking for the physical buttons in a PDF owner's manual.....I don't mean to be a snob but my 12" doesn't have these buttons. ;)

Gen3CoupeTX

Reaction score
Benefit of the 8.4 for me ... I like the simplicity of buttons. I spend enough time as is pecking at screens.

Users who are viewing this thread