5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Heated Side Mirrors

BiLlYDeE

Reaction score
How do I turn on the side mirror defroster? I don’t see a button for this, or a light indicator that it’s activated when I turn on the rear defroster or the windshield defroster?

202snowman

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Heated mirrors will turn on with remote start if the temp is below 40F

Electric Back Light (EBL)

The EBL system for the rear glass consists of two vertical
bus bars and a series of grid lines fired onto the inside
surface. The EBL system for the heated mirrors contains
an electric heater grid located behind the glass. When
the defrost system is activated, all heater grids become
energized to produce heat to clear snow, ice, or fog.
The EBL system is turned ON or OFF by a push-button
switch located in the ICS, DSM, or Radio touch screen.

The EBL will activate on Remote Start when the
temperature is 40° F or below. The EBL system will exit
Remote Start mode when the driver door is opened or there
are any control inputs.

Gondul

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Where is that in the manual?
I don't like giving out back information...

Dferrell2174

Reaction score
I was also wondering about this. I would like to know what the bottom push button is for on the headlight selector. When I press it, an orange light comes on and resembles the fog light indicator. Any ideas?

brdima

Reaction score
I was also wondering about this. I would like to know what the bottom push button is for on the headlight selector. When I press it, an orange light comes on and resembles the fog light indicator. Any ideas?
turns on the light over the bed, part of the 3rd break light. it's an awful icon. not very clear

TRS28

Reaction score
This may be a dumb question but I either do not have heated side mirrors or they are not working. How would I confirm this? I have a 2019 Laramie with level 2 group, adv safety group, and the trailer tow group, along with others but dont know how to confirm.

Sherran

Reaction score
I use my heated side mirrors when it's foggy outside and they have condensation built up. I was told by the dealership that the passenger side mirror defrosts much faster than the driver side as I thought my driver side wasn't working and took it in to have them look at it.

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score
This may be a dumb question but I either do not have heated side mirrors or they are not working. How would I confirm this? I have a 2019 Laramie with level 2 group, adv safety group, and the trailer tow group, along with others but dont know how to confirm.
I believe it's because the tow mirrors that are part of the tow package on '19 and '20 models are unheated.

50Front

Reaction score
I use my heated side mirrors when it's foggy outside and they have condensation built up. I was told by the dealership that the passenger side mirror defrosts much faster than the driver side as I thought my driver side wasn't working and took it in to have them look at it.
Mine seem to defrost equally as fast. I think the dealer maybe making stuff up.

Sherran

Reaction score
Mine seem to defrost equally as fast. I think the dealer maybe making stuff up.
That's very possible. My driver side mirrors do heat up. Around the time my passenger is fully defrosted, my driver side is about halfway.

bumpyballs

Reaction score
If you have them, you should see a heated mirror icon embossed in the lower right corner of the mirror glass.

Users who are viewing this thread