5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Heated seats

tigercat74

Reaction score
I must be missing something. I like to drive with the heated seats on all year. Helps with my back. I don't like having to turn it on each time I start the truck. I know they turn on automatically when the temperature drops to a certain level. If anybody knows what I need to do, I would really appreciate the help. Thanks in advance.

LaxDfns15

Ram Guru
Reaction score
They turn on automatically if you remote start the truck. If you start it normally you have to turn them on manually.

Wsmith

Reaction score
They turn on automatically if you remote start the truck. If you start it normally you have to turn them on manually.
This morning, first time since I had the truck it got into the 30's. Pulled out of the garage (67 degrees) after driving the outside temp was 36 degrees, stopped for coffee, got back in, started and a little later felt the wheel and my butt getting hot, seats and steering wheel were on, turned them off. Stopped at Menards, got in started, the seats and wheel were on, turned them off. Did not remote start. I looked for a way to disable them, didn't find a way, had to get to work. I will look into it later

piening2150

Ram Guru
Reaction score
They turn on automatically (as well as the heated wheel) when started (selectable off/remote start/all starts) if the ambient temp is 40F or under. Anything above 40F and I'm afraid you have to do it the 'old fashioned way' and push the button on the dash to manually turn them on. There is no setting that will turn them on every time.

Last edited:

piening2150

Ram Guru
Reaction score
This morning, first time since I had the truck it got into the 30's. Pulled out of the garage (67 degrees) after driving the outside temp was 36 degrees, stopped for coffee, got back in, started and a little later felt the wheel and my butt getting hot, seats and steering wheel were on, turned them off. Stopped at Menards, got in started, the seats and wheel were on, turned them off. Did not remote start. I looked for a way to disable them, didn't find a way, had to get to work. I will look into it later
20201005_113537.jpg
You can disable this in the settings. It's called 'auto-on comfort'. Can be set for off, remote start, or all starts.

Wsmith

Reaction score
They turn on automatically (as well as the heated wheel) with any start (remote or pushbutton) if the ambient temp is 40F or under. Anything above 40F and I'm afraid you have to do it the 'old fashioned way' and push the button on the dash to manually turn them on. There is no setting that will turn them on every time.
Is there a setting that will disable the auto on?

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score
Would be nice if you could adjust the temperature at which the seats and steering wheel heat automatically turn on. I find that I use the heated steering wheel when the temp is closer to 45 degrees. But I don't really want my seat heater to come on unless the temps are below freezing. I like a warm steering wheel, but my a$$ can keep itself warm LOL.

Users who are viewing this thread