5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Heated seats not working

Big Z

Reaction score
I’m an idiot and left my sunroof open on my 2019 Rebel. My driver seat got pretty wet I dried it off and a day later the heated seats go off after a few seconds after I press the control options on the touch screen. Has anyone had this issue (probably not) ? Think they’ll work if they’re fully dry? Worst case would I have to buy a completely new seat or is the heating module replaceable? All advice welcomed. And yes I’m an idiot .

Kiwiaudio

Reaction score
If it comes down to it, the heating pads should be replaceable. At least I know they were on my 2014 !

Kiwiaudio

Reaction score
What did that cost you ?
It was a warranty repair involving all 4 seat heating elements, switches and controllers -even the radio. They just kept throwing parts at it.
I dont know the job cost but it was 0 to me. Safe to say it would have been a lot !

Big Z

Reaction score
So luckily they went back on today and I. Oils have swore I smelled smoke unless it was just burning the water out. I’m leaving them off until the seats completely dry.

Wild Bill

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I’m an idiot and left my sunroof open on my 2019 Rebel. My driver seat got pretty wet I dried it off and a day later the heated seats go off after a few seconds after I press the control options on the touch screen. Has anyone had this issue (probably not) ? Think they’ll work if they’re fully dry? Worst case would I have to buy a completely new seat or is the heating module replaceable? All advice welcomed. And yes I’m an idiot .
You are not an Idiot! We have all done something that resulted in an issue. It does't matter what the "vehicle" is... A truck, a car, an RV, a boat, a motorcycle, a girlfriend that ended up an ex girlfriend... lol
If someone tells you that they haven't then they are lying!

I am following along with this thread because currently only 1 side of my drivers seat gets hot. Yup, I can only feel heat on one a$$ cheek. If I had to guess it's because of the way I 'slid' off the seat when I got out before I put on the step rails...
I looked all around under the seat looking for a broken or a hanging wire.

I have an appointment with the stealership to have it looked at. It is still under warranty. I will run out of time before mileage... She will be 3 years old in November but currently only has 17k miles... She is not my daily driver, mostly used to tow my RV...
Good luck with your heated seats... Let us know how things progress.
p.s. I'm not going to tell you what I did!!!

Big Z

Reaction score
Thank you everyone for your responses. Greatly appreciate your input. My heated seat is back to normal and working again on its own. The only difference is the bottom half of the seat (under ***) is a little bit wrinkled and wavy now but I’ve been using leather conditioner.

Users who are viewing this thread