5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Heated seats not very warm.

Dookie

Ram Guru
Reaction score
When trying to find something in AlfaOBD i use the search feature at the top of this screen, see the magnifying glass…
Screenshot_2022-01-13-07-09-29.png

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: c3k

Dookie

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I changed mine to perforated leather (because that is what i have and was concerned if i used base leather it may mess with the ventilation system) and all leather for steering wheel…this morning it was 38 F here, i ran the heated seats for my 15 min commute on high and i started sweating. After i warmed up the truck and i turned the defrost/heat off for the entire trip, point is my seats got noticeably warmer, felt nice on my sore back from exhaust installation yesterday eve. The steering wheel still gets too hot, no noticeable change there. I just get it to comfortable and turn it off. I’ll look and see if the duration of it being on can be shortened, worth a look.

c3k

Ram Guru
Reaction score
When trying to find something in AlfaOBD i use the search feature at the top of this screen, see the magnifying glass…
View attachment 116925

I just hooked up my Android-based AlfaOBD, v2.2.5.0, and I do not have a built-in search.

I searched through my MY2021 Body Control Module and there was nothing remotely related to seat/steering wheel heating.

I did the same with the HVAC module, and again, nothing related to seat/steering wheel heating.

Gotta say...I'm stumped. I spent about 20 minutes hitting every menu option I could think of in my AlfaOBD and didn't find a thing.

If someone can point me to the correct menu, I'd appreciate it.

Thanks.

Dookie

Ram Guru
Reaction score
You do have a search...DM sent with my phone number.

I did find something interesting about the heated wheel in Alfa, Seats A: Heated Wheel Level
With Options being
2 level (High/Low/Off)
3 Level (High/Med/Low/Off)

Checked what mine was set on and it says Heated Wheel Level: Not defined

So I plan to change that to Level 3 (High/Med/Low/Off) and see what happens.

Last edited:

n8zcc

Reaction score

I did find something interesting about the heated wheel in Alfa, Seats A: Heated Wheel Level
With Options being
2 level (High/Low/Off)

Checked what mine was set on and it says Heated Wheel Levels: Not defined

It would be very helpful when information like this is posted you post the target vehicle's year and trim level. The configurations vary between trim level (I believe) and model years so there is no sense sending someone on a goose chase. Thank you everyone for your input on the heated seat issue. Somewhere there has to be an answer to the wide range of results everyone is experiencing.

Dookie

Ram Guru
Reaction score
It would be very helpful when information like this is posted you post the target vehicle's year and trim level. The configurations vary between trim level (I believe) and model years so there is no sense sending someone on a goose chase. Thank you everyone for your input on the heated seat issue. Somewhere there has to be an answer to the wide range of results everyone is experiencing.
Ahem...See my signature. 👀

Dookie

Ram Guru
Reaction score

With Options being
2 level (High/Low/Off)

It worked!

Blem

Reaction score

With Options being
2 level (High/Low/Off)

New member now officially. 20 Rebel. Wanted to thank you for this post. Took your advice, purchased what was need and changed the material type on my truck. My seats now warm like they’re supposed to!!

Users who are viewing this thread