5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

heated seat switch

iLikeRamsnow

Reaction score
Hi everyone. this morning i was vacuuming under the passenger seat and i found (what google tells me) is a heated seat module. PN 68433907ac

does anyone have a picture of where it’s suppose to go (it appears to have clips on both ends) or if yours is just sorta hanging out too? it just doesn’t seem quite right. any guidance is appreciated.

bdee8933d7d8b0c1c2763fad6064e200.jpg

055ed99a693a39464e3ea3b6061aad28.jpg

2020 Ram 1500 Laramie 5.7 eTorque

Quint

Reaction score
I looked under my passenger seat and only saw the tire jack. I suspected that maybe you found a module for heating the rear seats (which I have) but I still didn't see anything looking like this module under the passenger or drivers seats in my truck. I'm interested in hearing what others have to say.

FM45

Reaction score
Don't have a pic but it clips to the underside of pass seat---

-=FM45=-

iLikeRamsnow

Reaction score
Don't have a pic but it clips to the underside of pass seat---

-=FM45=-

if you could get me a picture i’d appreciate it so so much, i looked for like half and hour last night trying to see if i can find it.

iLikeRamsnow

Reaction score
Were you jumping your truck Dukes Of Hazzard -style? That would probably get a bunch of things to shake loose!

no, that’s what so crazy about it, like no one has even ridden in the passenger seat there’s only 3,500 miles on the truck

Rupp

Reaction score
Wow this is a hard place to take a pic but mine is mounted under the seat as shown.

Attachments

• 20210308_111456.jpg
    20210308_111456.jpg
    57.5 KB · Views: 145
  • 20210308_111533.jpg
    20210308_111533.jpg
    77.3 KB · Views: 140

iLikeRamsnow

Reaction score
Wow this is a hard place to take a pic but mine is mounted under the seat as shown.

thanks again all fixed - saved a trip to the dealer
d4700a9941e4f986b30ccd819b470f46.jpg

davidajpritchard

Reaction score
Mine was not clipped in either. Tech fixed it when I had to go back for my wheel lock key.

Sent from my SM-N986W using Tapatalk

Gregg72

Reaction score
Yes found mine hanging down and then snapped it back in place.

jdmartin

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I think this is an area where FCA really falls down. They need to do a better job of quality control before the vehicles leave the plants. I get it that when you're churning out a lot of vehicles things can fall through the cracks - but they shouldn't, not on plus $40k vehicles. I like my truck and will probably have it for another 10-15 years but I've even noticed a couple of dumb things on QC on mine. For example, my door lock button barely protruded through the door panel when I bought the truck. Since I don't manually push them up or down, I didn't really think about it nor care that much, but I found it curious that all the other door panels the lock button looked normal. When I took the panel off to replace my driver's mirror (in another thread), I found all three bolts for the door panel were only finger-tight - I didn't even need a ratchet to turn them, and the reason my door lock button barely came through the panel was because it wasn't mounted in the plastic holder properly. I fixed that and now it looks normal, and the panel is tightened down the way it should and feels more secure even though I broke a couple of the plastic push-pins on the panel taking it off.

That kind of stuff someone ought to be catching. That's just plain dumb or lazy or both.

Budrago

Reaction score
Hi everyone. this morning i was vacuuming under the passenger seat and i found (what google tells me) is a heated seat module. PN 68433907ac

does anyone have a picture of where it’s suppose to go (it appears to have clips on both ends) or if yours is just sorta hanging out too? it just doesn’t seem quite right. any guidance is appreciated.

bdee8933d7d8b0c1c2763fad6064e200.jpg

055ed99a693a39464e3ea3b6061aad28.jpg

I think this is an area where FCA really falls down. They need to do a better job of quality control before the vehicles leave the plants. I get it that when you're churning out a lot of vehicles things can fall through the cracks - but they shouldn't, not on plus $40k vehicles. I like my truck and will probably have it for another 10-15 years but I've even noticed a couple of dumb things on QC on mine. For example, my door lock button barely protruded through the door panel when I bought the truck. Since I don't manually push them up or down, I didn't really think about it nor care that much, but I found it curious that all the other door panels the lock button looked normal. When I took the panel off to replace my driver's mirror (in another thread), I found all three bolts for the door panel were only finger-tight - I didn't even need a ratchet to turn them, and the reason my door lock button barely came through the panel was because it wasn't mounted in the plastic holder properly. I fixed that and now it looks normal, and the panel is tightened down the way it should and feels more secure even though I broke a couple of the plastic push-pins on the panel taking it off.

That kind of stuff someone ought to be catching. That's just plain dumb or lazy or both.
I still can’t find where this module clips into. Does anyone have clear pictures as to its placement. It drives me nuts hearing it clank against the jack

Wild Bill

Ram Guru
Reaction score

Welp, now that your lock knob is normal watch out for "lock knob bite"___
Use the search above & type in "lock knob bite"...

Users who are viewing this thread