5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

heated mirrors not defogging, 2021 limited night edition

ozzie280

Reaction score
Hello,

This is my first time posting and i hope its the right group. my heated ext rear view mirrors are not defogging. they seem to take a real long time and don't defog evenly. has any one else had this issue. Truck is the 2021 Limited night edition with the heated mirror option. i have the defog icon on the mirrors and they should turn on with the rear window defogger.

thanks in advance,

Ozzie

Fatherof3

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum . I have them on my Rebel and they do take longer to defog than the rear window .
Do you have any warranty left ?

Liquid Li0n

Reaction score
I have a 2022 Limited Night and also have the icon on the mirros but I notice that raindrops are not dissapearing from the mirrors. Compared to my previous car, a VW, where those mirrors were even smoking in winter to de-ice or dry them.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
The heated mirrors get warm enough to melt ice/frost. Defogging is a different story. Roll the window down and wipe them off it it's just condensation

Liquid Li0n

Reaction score
The heated mirrors get warm enough to melt ice/frost. Defogging is a different story. Roll the window down and wipe them off it it's just condensation
it is a solution but I am not a fan of wiping it away with a rag or finger as it can scratch the mirror glass

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
it is a solution but I am not a fan of wiping it away with a rag or finger as it can scratch the mirror glass
You'd have to be wiping pretty aggressively with a dirty gritty rag to scratch the glass.

Users who are viewing this thread