5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Heated center console

RiggerRoy

Reaction score
I'm thinking about putting an aftermarket heating element under the upholstery on my center console lid, and tying into the heated seat controller. Has anyone tried this before?

blankcanvas

Reaction score
I'm thinking about putting an aftermarket heating element under the upholstery on my center console lid, and tying into the heated seat controller. Has anyone tried this before?
…why? To keep snacks or a live pet? Not attempting to sound like a jerk honestly those are the only things I could think up

SKT Customs

5thGenRams Vendor
5thGenRams Vendor
Reaction score
That would be sweet especially in snowy areas! I’ve never seen anyone do it though

RiggerRoy

Reaction score
That would be sweet especially in snowy areas! I’ve never seen anyone do it though
I've seen videos of people changing the upholstery on it and it looks pretty easy. I can't imagine it would be too difficult to do. If I end up doing it, I'll be sure to post some pictures or a video.

SKT Customs

5thGenRams Vendor
5thGenRams Vendor
Reaction score
I've seen videos of people changing the upholstery on it and it looks pretty easy. I can't imagine it would be too difficult to do. If I end up doing it, I'll be sure to post some pictures or a video.
Yeah I’ve reupholstered mine and I really don’t think it would be too difficult to add the heating element. As long as you’re creative on how you route the wires and splice into the factory wire I think you’ll be Golden!

Users who are viewing this thread