5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Heat question

U

User_67930

I posted this in the 3.6 section but I'm going to try here to so it has more eyes on it.

I've never really been satisfied with the heat in this truck. I bought it used with 30k miles on it, 43k miles on it now.
This is my first winter with it and the heater puts out not great heat...thank god for heated seats.

I have the heat on hi, not auto, and the fan setting on 6 for there to be any heat. I have it set like this on my whole trip to work, all 16 miles and never get hot in the cab, just warm.

When I check the display its showing my coolant anywhere from 179 to 183 at 60 mph with an outside temp of 33.
If I really get on it the coolant will climb to 190ish, when this happens the heat really rolls out in the cab but the coolant temps drops right back to the 180ish mark as soon as I let off.

What are you guys showing for coolant temps in your 3.6 and how is your heat in cab?
Also, whats the stock thermostat temp, 195?

Moosefire66

Reaction score
I have the v6, and I don't have any problems. I'm in michigan so we get dome cold weather but mine heats up in a standard amount of time... maybe swap out your cab filter. If it's clogged and dirty (which happens quick) it could be restricting the flow to the blower motor

Sent from my SM-G991U1 using Tapatalk

asgadf/lkjnadsfg

Reaction score
I agree with Killerformula, I think mine runs around 210 most of the time and the heat in my cab will literally make me choke if I don't turn it down. You simply can't live with it on high for very long.

taz2016

Reaction score
I don't normally pay attention to coolant temp but on a 35 mile drive today with an outside temp of 20 degrees it ran around 190 degrees. My heat output is great but the truck does seem to take slightly longer to heat up than my other vehicles.

U

User_67930

I don't normally pay attention to coolant temp but on a 35 mile drive today with an outside temp of 20 degrees it ran around 190 degrees. My heat output is great but the truck does seem to take slightly longer to heat up than my other vehicles.

Is yours a 3.6? Do you ever have to turn the heat down on yours?

Yesterday on the way home after 5 miles of driving 55 to 60 mine was showing 159, I was waiting for the check engine light to come on with a P0128, then it finally creeped up to 180.

U

User_67930

So I just went ahead and replaced the thermostat myself, easy peasy....can't believe they were going to charge me almost $400 to do it.

And now I have HEAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread