5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Heart broken...

Wxgs333

Reaction score
Sacramento, CA, I will never stop here again!

A group of Son of Bxxxxes coming off a small white SUV broke my rear window in 2 seconds while I was just 100 ft away buying a cup of tea... Luckily I was watching my truck and ran to the guy near my window immediately after realizing something went wrong. He fled away without taking any valuable.

Another couple visiting the same plaza had all their valuables stolen from their brand new Tesla model S (they haven't gotten the car registered in DMV!), Including their passports... I was so luckier...

The police didn't even want to show up, just asked me to file an online claim-- will you believe this will be any helpful, such as getting my glass repair deductable back from those fxxxing SoBs?? I don't think so...

Now I am sitting in a glass repair shop, waiting for the Mopar part. The glass will be delivered in the next hour and I am watching the shop to tear down the inner trims of the door and clean the pieces up. What a day in my trip...

20181220_141534.jpg 20181220_155203.jpg

Gondul

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Sorry to hear you truck got broken into, but glad they were unable to take anything.

Many police departments no longer respond to minor calls and direct you to file your report online.

Dmalonecentral

Reaction score
If there is one thing I can’t stand it’s thieves. Sucks that this happened. Good thing you were close and scared them off. I hope they get caught but sounds like it wasn’t high on the Sacramento PD’s list of priorities today.

I happened to wake up this morning and reviewed my nest cam to find this little gem. Guy didn’t break in to my car for some reason but a bunch of other cars in our neighborhood got hit.

https://video.nest.com/clip/c8ea5c9...F9nPO15Vv1HB2_C7R7mENT8maylNpnHlsXtmz6FfCvCHI

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wxgs333

Reaction score
If there is one thing I can’t stand it’s thieves. Sucks that this happened. Good thing you were close and scared them off. I hope they get caught but sounds like it wasn’t high on the Sacramento PD’s list of priorities today.

I happened to wake up this morning and reviewed my nest cam to find this little gem. Guy didn’t break in to my car for some reason but a bunch of other cars in our neighborhood got hit.

https://video.nest.com/clip/c8ea5c9...F9nPO15Vv1HB2_C7R7mENT8maylNpnHlsXtmz6FfCvCHI

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Oh man, you are so lucky! I bet you didn't leave anything in your truck, and that is always the correct way. Unfortunately I have to leave a bag in the rear because the bed is full...

th3duke

Reaction score

A group of Son of Bxxxxes coming off a small white SUV broke my rear window in 2 seconds while I was just 100 ft away buying a cup of tea... Luckily I was watching my truck and ran to the guy near my window immediately after realizing something went wrong. He fled away without taking any valuable.

Another couple visiting the same plaza had all their valuables stolen from their brand new Tesla model S (they haven't gotten the car registered in DMV!), Including their passports... I was so luckier...

The police didn't even want to show up, just asked me to file an online claim-- will you believe this will be any helpful, such as getting my glass repair deductable back from those fxxxing SoBs?? I don't think so...

Now I am sitting in a glass repair shop, waiting for the Mopar part. The glass will be delivered in the next hour and I am watching the shop to tear down the inner trims of the door and clean the pieces up. What a day in my trip...

View attachment 11224 View attachment 11225

Sorry to hear that man.... That's freakin' horrible! I believe in Karma, and those little faulkers will eventually get theirs.

RenoRam

Reaction score
Sorry to hear but unfortunately it is very common this time of year. As others have said, hopefully karma gets them.

flyingpoint

Reaction score
So sorry to hear that happened on you and your truck. It even makes me more sad as a resident of Sac town. It actually doesn't happen commonly in the neighborhood, at least not at the area I live. May I know where was the interception? I will let my family and friends know about it, and try to avoid stopping at that area.

Wxgs333

Reaction score
So sorry to hear that happened on you and your truck. It even makes me more sad as a resident of Sac town. It actually doesn't happen commonly in the neighborhood, at least not at the area I live. May I know where was the interception? I will let my family and friends know about it, and try to avoid stopping at that area.
It's in the plaza of Regal Cinemas Natomas 16, right off the exit 88 of I80.

Truckin

Reaction score
Sorry to hear you truck got broken into, but glad they were unable to take anything.

Many police departments no longer respond to minor calls and direct you to file your report online.

Sorry to hear this...These scumbags deserve the treatment a buddy of mine dished out when home on leave and caught a low life trying to steal his Jeep...Low life got his fingers all realigned and stuck when the door 'accidentally' slammed shut on his hands.

Wxgs333

Reaction score
Finally I got it all fixed. The shop spent more time than they expected since it was their first time dealing with a 19' but they figured it out after about 40 mins and now the rear left door is flawless again.

Continue my trip after the unexpected 5hrs delay, now soaking in the spa and relaxing :cool:

RenoRam

Reaction score
Finally I got it all fixed. The shop spent more time than they expected since it was their first time dealing with a 19' but they figured it out after about 40 mins and now the rear left door is flawless again.

Continue my trip after the unexpected 5hrs delay, now soaking in the spa and relaxing :cool:
Good to hear and travel safe.

pber1

Reaction score

View attachment 11224 View attachment 11225
I lived in between Stockton and Sacramento practically my whole life, it’s a rough man! There’s always something ghetto going on when I go visit my parents.

MTRHEAD

Reaction score
That sucks. Glad you got it fixed so fast. That POS is probley lucky he got away from you.

flyingpoint

Reaction score
I guess you got it fixed in local then. Glad to hear it. Be safe and happy holidays!

Continue my trip after the unexpected 5hrs delay, now soaking in the spa and relaxing :cool:[/QUOT

EVILLIME

Reaction score
We should have the right to bear arms in every State!!! Things like this tick me off. Glad you got it fixed. Keep enjoying the journey.

Wxgs333

Reaction score
I guess you got it fixed in local then. Glad to hear it. Be safe and happy holidays!
Yep, my insurance company had appointed to a shop that can only get it done after the Christmas, but fortunately a guy swung by and recommended Capital auto glass shop. Called them and they found the last piece of OEM part in stock around that area. The guys there got the glass ordered and installed within the short notice, and they finished the job almost 1 hr late to their normal hours. Highly recommend-- Capital Auto Glass shop.

Users who are viewing this thread