5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Heads up display (HUD) custom settings

frostymug

Reaction score
Hi All, when I select the "custom" settings and set which items I want the HUD to display and then click "save", the HUD will accept the changes and display what I want it to. However, the problem is that when I turn the truck off and back on later, the HUD will revert to the default view. Anyone figure out how to ensure the truck retains the settings?

Coincidentally, my truck is at the dealer today and they are saying this is "as designed". I question whether Chrysler really expects people to go through the 12 steps necessary to change the view every single time they turn their truck on. If so, that's definitely a facepalm fail of a UX design.

Any advice on how to fix this is greatly appreciated!

moparleo51

Reaction score
do you have the seat and memory buttons on your truck?if so it could be that you have to change it the way you want and re save your profile setting .

Triple X

Reaction score
Hi All, when I select the "custom" settings and set which items I want the HUD to display and then click "save", the HUD will accept the changes and display what I want it to. However, the problem is that when I turn the truck off and back on later, the HUD will revert to the default view. Anyone figure out how to ensure the truck retains the settings?

Coincidentally, my truck is at the dealer today and they are saying this is "as designed". I question whether Chrysler really expects people to go through the 12 steps necessary to change the view every single time they turn their truck on. If so, that's definitely a facepalm fail of a UX design.

Any advice on how to fix this is greatly appreciated!
I have the same issue

frostymug

Reaction score
do you have the seat and memory buttons on your truck?if so it could be that you have to change it the way you want and re save your profile setting .
Thanks, I will try that. It's just strange that it doesn't stay on the previous setting when you turn the truck off and go back to using it again. I could see if it reverted to a different setting if you used a different fob, but this one is a head scratcher of why it would be designed this way.

Kilroy

Reaction score
Thanks, I will try that. It's just strange that it doesn't stay on the previous setting when you turn the truck off and go back to using it again. I could see if it reverted to a different setting if you used a different fob, but this one is a head scratcher of why it would be designed this way.
That may be it, lets check the owners manual lol

Kilroy

Reaction score
So by reviewing this:
Save your settings as a custom setting and choose that it should stay after key off.

Kilroy

Reaction score
I had NO idea there were that many available custom options for the HUD, and didn't know it was COLOR! just for some options.

frostymug

Reaction score
So by reviewing this:
Save your settings as a custom setting and choose that it should stay after key off.
I’ve seen this video and done all that, still have the same issue unfortunately.

kenthelawnguy

Reaction score
I just keep my setting on advances and it pretty much shows everything. I don't have the issue with it not staying on the setting. I do wish that the turn signals and maybe mpg showed on the hud

Users who are viewing this thread