5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Headlights, Taillights, 3rd brake light.

Cookieman8

Reaction score
Are there any companies selling aftermarket headlights, taillights, and 3rd brake lights? I have the new body style (5th gen) and can't seem to find any. I would love to get rid of the factory sets and upgrade to a more appealing light!! I don't have the LED package, as the truck I bought had everything BUT that.

zdeckich

Reaction score
I dont believe anyone has made anything for our 5th gens yet. Think the truck is still a little to new. Im with you, id love to do the factory LED but not paying $1500+

Cookieman8

Reaction score
I dont believe anyone has made anything for our 5th gens yet. Think the truck is still a little to new. Im with you, id love to do the factory LED but not paying $1500+
I had a feeling that was the case. I looked into the led conversion with OEM lights but that's way to expensive for my taste. This is my only pet peeve I have so far. I'd love a complete headlight, taillight, and 3rd brake set !!

dsn112

Reaction score
I did the conversion. I look at it this way, the only really good aftermarket headlights for the previous gen are the Morimotos, and they cost $1500. Who knows how long they will take to make anything for these, as so many of them are coming factory with the led package. It's one thing to invest in development when the market for upgrade is big, but on the new RAM, the market will be much more limited. They might not ever come out with anything.

My original plan was to do the headlights only for $1225, as the tails look fine without LEDs. But then I fell into a set for cheap and had to get them.

zdeckich

Reaction score
I did the conversion. I look at it this way, the only really good aftermarket headlights for the previous gen are the Morimotos, and they cost $1500. Who knows how long they will take to make anything for these, as so many of them are coming factory with the led package. It's one thing to invest in development when the market for upgrade is big, but on the new RAM, the market will be much more limited. They might not ever come out with anything.

My original plan was to do the headlights only for $1225, as the tails look fine without LEDs. But then I fell into a set for cheap and had to get them.

Did you do the retro fit harness for the headlights? If so any issues?

patbfd4

Reaction score
been hunting myself for awhile. so far no dice. the led lights are out there but it will have a small nick of scratch which if you can get over, can get a great deal on the led lights.

moosem

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Before and After_front and back.jpg

Here's a little inspiration for you!

I bit the bullet and did it, as did dsn112. Yes, you will need the Retro Fit harness. I had a setback in that one of the headlights that I bought (brand new) was defective from the factory. It leaked water and shorted out and took out the harness with it. However, Jeremy at Retro Shop was GREAT to deal with and he sent me a replacement. And, because I bought my headlights brand new, it was covered under warranty and I had a replacement in less than a week. Now, I am back up and running. I love the look and the performance of the LEDs compared to the halogens is tremendous. It is an expensive upgrade. Cost me just shy of $2k all in for the heads and tails.

Attachments

• Before and After.jpg
    Before and After.jpg
    88.4 KB · Views: 25
Last edited:

Cookieman8

Reaction score
View attachment 29180

Here's a little inspiration for you!

I bit the bullet and did it, as did dsn112. Yes, you will need the Retro Fit harness. I had a setback in that one of the headlights that I bought (brand new) was defective from the factory. It leaked water and shorted out and took out the harness with it. However, Jeremy at Retro Fit was GREAT to deal with and he sent me a replacement. And, because I bought my headlights brand new, it was covered under warranty and I had a replacement in less than a week. Now, I am back up and running. I love the look and the performance of the LEDs compared to the halogens is tremendous. It is an expensive upgrade. Cost me just shy of $2k all in for the heads and tails.
Damn those are beautiful. If a set doesn't appear by the end of this year I will more than likely be hunting these down to swap. They are just so nice

Rumblebee2004

Reaction score
Do you have a link to the required wiring harness? I am looking to do the headlights only

moosem

Ram Guru
Reaction score

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/

Members online