5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Headlights and Daytime Running Lights

lynnray4

Reaction score
Is there a way to turn off headlights during day and only run DRL on 2019 Laramie Ram?

dsn112

Reaction score
It's in your radio settings. Turn off the DRL, the LED trim ring isn't a DRL, and is always on regardless, so turning off the DRL in your settings will give you what you want.

lynnray4

Reaction score
It's in your radio settings. Turn off the DRL, the LED trim ring isn't a DRL, and is always on regardless, so turning off the DRL in your settings will give you what you want.

Thanks. I turned off DRL but looks like headlights are still on.

FastBlackRam

Reaction score
Those trim lights are always on. The DRLs are the headlights at a lower brightness. If you turn them off in the settings your headlights should be completely off.

FastBlackRam

Reaction score
They aren't bright enough to be considered DRL.

Similar to "Angel Eyes" on Bimmers, they are an aesthetic thing really.
My BMW rings are the DRLs on my BMW. They are LED and quite bright. I had them on my 2011 328 that got totalled and replaced with this truck and have them on my current 2017 X5.

SD Rebel

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
My BMW rings are the DRLs on my BMW. They are LED and quite bright. I had them on my 2011 328 that got totalled and replaced with this truck and have them on my current 2017 X5.

Absolutely, I was referring to the older "Angel Eyes", they were on my E46 and E90, I had both the halos and DLRs. On the E90s, you could turn off your DLRs and just run the Halos by themselves through idrive setting.

Just like those early gen Angel Eyes, the RAMs headlight LEDs are not bright enough to count as DLRs.

Last edited:

FastBlackRam

Reaction score
Absolutely, I was referring to the older "Angel Eyes", they were on my E46 and E90, I had both the halos and DLRs. On the E90s, you could turn off your DLRs and just run the Halos by themselves through idrive setting.

Just like those early gen Angel Eyes, the RAMs headlight LEDs are not bright enough to count as DLRs.
Gotcha.

Speerzy

Reaction score
Where is it located in radio. It’s not under lights on my truck…

cristi

Reaction score
Există vreo modalitate de a stinge farurile în timpul zilei și de a rula DRL doar pe Laramie Ram 2019?
I have the same problem when I start the engine, the low beam is on permanently and I can't turn it off to run only in daylight, I can't find it in the settings, can it be solved with coding?

Attachments

• WhatsApp Image 2022-01-02 at 08.57.50.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2022-01-02 at 08.57.50.jpeg
    264.4 KB · Views: 69
  • WhatsApp Image 2022-01-05 at 08.16.53.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2022-01-05 at 08.16.53.jpeg
    148.7 KB · Views: 77

cristi

Reaction score
A mers. Trim LED aprins și farurile sunt stinse. Mulțumesc.
it doesn't work for me, I just want the daylight to stay on when I start the engine

Attachments

• WhatsApp Image 2022-01-03 at 20.45.12.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2022-01-03 at 20.45.12.jpeg
    152.5 KB · Views: 69

Danelton77

Reaction score
Is there a way to turn off headlights during day and only run DRL on 2019 Laramie Ram?
Glad this thread is here. If my DRL are on, I can not turn the lights off in any switch position. In fact if I turn the knob to the “O” position, the headlights stay on and the trim lights get brighter. The headlights stay on in the parking light position too. Now if my DRL are off the headlights are on as expected, the trim is low lit in the parking position, but the trim is extremely bright in th “O” position. This doesn’t seem right. Can anyone verify this?

Users who are viewing this thread