5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Headlight switch not working

BlackRam07

Reaction score
Afternoon ya'll,
I got an issue with my head lights.

When my 19 bighorn is on, the headlights and fogs turn on and I can't turn them off. The knob by my left knee has zero effect on the lights. The dimmer switch for the cluster and infotainment center is either full brite or completely dim and scrolling it either direction doesn't have affect on intensity Any ideas?

Fatherof3

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum . Maybe a fuse ? I’m guessing because I really don’t know .

BlackRam07

Reaction score
Problem solved. Apparently a rock kicked up at some point and busted the fog lense and light. This "opened" the circuit and basically made the system bypass the control module. Dealership wanted $300 to fix the bust light.. told them that I already had the replacement in the passenger seat then they told me they would throw it in for $150.. the part was $40 and three screws. I threw it in when I got home in 5 minutes

Dealerships are crooks but at least I learned a lil about the electrical system on the ol gal today.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score
Thanks for following up on what was causing your problem. That's one I'm gonna store away in memory. (y)

Malodave

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I went to the dealer for a fog light for my 2008 Big Horn. They wanted $180!
So I ordered one from Rock Auto for $35.

Malodave

BlackRam07

Reaction score
Big facts. They upchrage hard.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/

Members online