5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Headlight switch fuse

Cadertots

Reaction score
I’ve checked all the stickied fuse diagrams and I just can’t seem to find an answer to where the fuse the runs the interior headlight/dimmer switch is. I have a ‘19 Laramie and the control switch is totally non-functional. Headlights still turn on with the truck, but you can’t turn on fogs or bed light , adjust dimmer, or change headlights from the auto position. Either a fuse is out or the whole switch is dead. Any ideas?

firemedic10584

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Sounds like the whole switch may have went out. Have you pulled the switch and confirmed everything is plugged in still? One wire coming in should be constant 12v, I'd check make sure that is there too.

Ratchet

Reaction score
No separate fuse just for the switch as it controls multiple circuits. As stated above, I'd check and double check the connections to the switch itself. While not very common, I have seen a few failed switches.

kapinallinen2

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Did you figure it out?
Sounds like you might have hit it with your knee, causing the back of the switch to "un-snap"
If so, then that is an easy fix, just push it back together, should be good to go.

Last edited:

Big Red

Reaction score
I'm having the same issue with my truck. Interior lights no longer dim and the headlight switch to include my corner lights and bed lights are no longer controllable. Kind of like it is in a default mode of some kind. They continue to turn on when the vehicle is started but I cant turn them off nor change from auto, on an off.

Users who are viewing this thread