5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Headlight Switch Back Lighting

Twlvoltz

Reaction score
So I can't imagine the headlight switch has no back lighting at all.
The knob, and both rotary controls have no lighting at any time.
Am I missing a setting somewhere?
All the other switches are lit and dim with the rotary dimmer switch.

Goatmann

Ram Guru
Reaction score
in my Laramie, the text around the switch and the fog/cargo area on the switch are illuminated when the headlights are on. i have mine set to Auto.

the light harness might not be properly seated in the swithch housing. you might be able to look under the dash to see what's up. i do not know how the assembly is put together, just a guess.

if nothing can be seen, unfortunately you will have to go to a service dealer for further trouble shooting.

Last edited:

Twlvoltz

Reaction score
in my Laramie, the text around the switch and the fog/cargo area on the switch are illuminated when the headlights are on. i have mine set to Auto.

the light harness might not be properly seated in the swithch housing. you might be able to look under the dash to see what's up. i do not know how the assembly is put together, just a guess.

if nothing can be seen, unfortunately you will have to go to a service dealer for further trouble shooting.

Thanks, I assumed it had to be lit, more of a safety issue than anything else. . Every other switch or socket is lit plus the ambient lighting . It's in the Auto position so it must be bad. I'll have to go to the dealer.

Users who are viewing this thread