5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Headlight Replacement

6XSBChamps

Reaction score
I have condensation in my drivers side headlight so I'm looking at replacement options. All the aftermarket options I find have people in the comments saying they cause a "turn signal out" message. Does anyone have a good aftermarket suggestion?

jl13

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I see your avatar picture is a 4th gen - can you confirm if you are asking for a 4th gen or 5th gen
If its a 4th gen, this is what I had on my 2017 for 4 years without issues before trading it for current 5th gen - at the time I was not into doing my own stuff and did have to pay for somebody to wire the halo ring otherwise that part does not light up. Everything else works out of the box

Wirerat

Reaction score
Adjust the rubber vents on back of light. Sometimes they push it and don't allow moisture to escape.

6XSBChamps

Reaction score
I see your avatar picture is a 4th gen - can you confirm if you are asking for a 4th gen or 5th gen
If its a 4th gen, this is what I had on my 2017 for 4 years without issues before trading it for current 5th gen - at the time I was not into doing my own stuff and did have to pay for somebody to wire the halo ring otherwise that part does not light up. Everything else works out of the box
Thanks. Yes, 4th Gen

jl13

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Thanks. Yes, 4th Gen
I wonder if the issue maybe that some aftermarkets are noted not to work with oem projector headlights. In that case you might need to go original which i know can cost more or check facebook, offer up, etc for use set
For ref these is how these looked, i didn't keep any pics with lights on

Attachments

• 20180122_183654.jpg
    20180122_183654.jpg
    87 KB · Views: 2

Users who are viewing this thread