5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Headlight issues with 2.5 leveling kit

jfasnacht

Reaction score
I recently installed a 2.5 inch Tuff Country Leveling kit on my 19 Rebel. I believe I may have issues with my headlights. My truck has lights that turn on and off when going around a corner to light the side of the road. I noticed this when driving up my driveway after I purchased the truck. Now it seems that my lights are much brighter. I can assume my headlights could need adjustment since the front end is lifted 2.5 inches higher but it seems like the lights that usually turn on when going around a corner may be stuck on at all times. Just seems like there is much more light on both sides of the truck during normal driving. Anyone having this same experience with a leveling kit installed on their truck or am I just overthinking this? Advice? Thank you.

RichT

Reaction score
if you install a winch it will solve this issue. much better solution then adjusting the lights

:censored:

clazer

Reaction score
Pretty sure that the turn lights are the same as the fog lights. Have you turned the fog lights off?

Harrison1

Reaction score
The lights you are seeing are actually the fog lights. If you turn them on with the switch then they stay on regardless of the truck turning a corner. Pretty cool option if you ask me.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

jfasnacht

Reaction score
Pretty sure that the turn lights are the same as the fog lights. Have you turned the fog lights off?
Yep, your are correct. I messed around with it tonight and figured it out. Still think I am blinding the people coming at me. Thanks for your help.

jfasnacht

Reaction score
The lights you are seeing are actually the fog lights. If you turn them on with the switch then they stay on regardless of the truck turning a corner. Pretty cool option if you ask me.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
Thanks. I figured it out tonight as I was driving around. With the front end higher and the fog lights on, the road and both sides are very bright. I feel bad because I can see the people in their cars as they pass and I think I am blinding them.

clazer

Reaction score
You are with a leveling kit. Pop the hood and adjust them down, it’s super simple.

Users who are viewing this thread