5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Headlight issue help!

JeffRam1982

Reaction score
Hey guys. Wondering if anyone has any insight/suggestions. “Trim”/running whatever you call them lights are out on 2020 Ram 1500 Laramie Longhorn. Seems odd and I’ve seen it actually flicker a few times.
Dealership told me it needs entire new assembly which is $1300 bucks. I’m hoping they are wrong. Any assist would be awesome. Pic attached. Thanks! C1354D84-871B-4EAE-AA05-1097FC7A78AC.jpeg

LaxDfns15

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Seems like that would be a warranty item, would it not? You're over 36k miles already?

MannymanX

5thGenRams Supporter
Reaction score
Check your purchase documents and see what milage you had on it when you picked it up, it's 36k from that milage. If you are below 36k, you don't need any favors from stellantis. If you are over, they can help you get it resolved.

JeffRam1982

Reaction score
Really! I bought it at -22k miles! Do you have any reference I can use to back that statement? Thanks so much

MannyN

Ram Guru
Reaction score
So, it's a used truck and you bought it with 22000 miles on it. You warranty is 36000 miles or 3 years whichever comes first. If you're on 36055, they may help you with goodwill repair.

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score
Really! I bought it at -22k miles! Do you have any reference I can use to back that statement? Thanks so much
I think what piening2150 was referring to is if you were the original buyer. None of these trucks has zero miles, even if you bought it off the truck. I think the lowest I've ever seen is 7 miles. My truck was a dealer trade, and was driven to the dealership I bought it from. The odometer read 215 miles when I took delivery. So my warranty actually covers my truck until my odometer reads 36,215 miles. Since you bought your truck used, this doesn't apply to you.

Ldc2335

Reaction score
Hey guys. Wondering if anyone has any insight/suggestions. “Trim”/running whatever you call them lights are out on 2020 Ram 1500 Laramie Longhorn. Seems odd and I’ve seen it actually flicker a few times.
Dealership told me it needs entire new assembly which is $1300 bucks. I’m hoping they are wrong. Any assist would be awesome. Pic attached. Thanks! View attachment 112565
Out of warranty, you've got a few cheap/free options.

1. Troubleshoot yourself. Wiggle wires, unplug, check pins, try some dielectric grease.

2. Find the wire and snip it. (both sides so they match)

3. Turn them off with alfaobd, then activate turn signals as drls (looks better anyway)

4. Tear headlights open and install custom led strips.

Sent from my Galaxy S21 Ultra using Tapatalk

ManBearPigNJ

Reaction score
$1,300 was the price in northern NJ. Part is $700-800 then labor was a few hours because seemingly every piece of front end trim needs to come off.

This happened to me at 72 miles the day I picked it up so covered under warranty; but planning to buy a MOPAR extended warranty.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread