5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

headlight compatibility

steelrfan85

Reaction score
I am thinking about getting a 2023 or 2024 limited 1500. I was looking at the alpharex lights and they say they don't fit the limited ram. Does anybody have any suggestions on replacement headlights? I emailed Morimoto because I like there lights but I'm wondering if something is different with the limited lights compared to others.

Belvedere

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Limited and TRX use a different housing, and do not have a halogen option, so probably not much aftermarket demand.

steelrfan85

Reaction score
Limited and TRX use a different housing, and do not have a halogen option, so probably not much aftermarket demand.
Morimoto replied back and said they should fit if I don't have the OEM LED projector lights. Not sure what that means. Hope that is the case don't want to spend a lot of money and the lights don't fit

dts828

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Morimoto replied back and said they should fit if I don't have the OEM LED projector lights. Not sure what that means. Hope that is the case don't want to spend a lot of money and the lights don't fit
The Limited and TRX come standard with the LED projector headlights.

Sent from my SM-S918U1 using Tapatalk

1BADRAMLIMITED

Ram Guru
Reaction score
They will not fit just look at the grilles and surrounding body panels they are different from the limited and TRX

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I am thinking about getting a 2023 or 2024 limited 1500. I was looking at the alpharex lights and they say they don't fit the limited ram. Does anybody have any suggestions on replacement headlights? I emailed Morimoto because I like there lights but I'm wondering if something is different with the limited lights compared to others.
Why are you even looking for headlight upgrades for a truck you obviously haven't researched much? The Limited have a different grill and headlight from the lower trim levels and come standard with LED lighting. This has been that way since 2019.

Slutzk

Cooling off
Reaction score

LEDs housings that are on Rebel, Laramie and Bighorns are the ones that will fit the XB Gen 2 Morimotos for the 2019+. NOT the Limited or TRX. Those 2 have completely different housing. Do not know about alpharex but Morimoto does not sale housings for your limited. Not only that, with all due respect... why the hell would you drop 2k+ on LED lights when your truck comes with them and they look awesome? dude I WISH my Bighorn came with LED so i didnt have to spend 2k+ on freaking lights b.c the halogen ones are absolutely disgusting.

steelrfan85

Reaction score
LEDs housings that are on Rebel, Laramie and Bighorns are the ones that will fit the XB Gen 2 Morimotos for the 2019+. NOT the Limited or TRX. Those 2 have completely different housing. Do not know about alpharex but Morimoto does not sale housings for your limited. Not only that, with all due respect... why the hell would you drop 2k+ on LED lights when your truck comes with them and they look awesome? dude I WISH my Bighorn came with LED so i didnt have to spend 2k+ on freaking lights b.c the halogen ones are absolutely disgusting.
The stick LED are great
The stock LED lights are great, I have just always wanted sequential turn signals on the headlights. That's only reason why I was thinking about morimoto. I would have to get lower trim I guess if I want them that bad.

Slutzk

Cooling off
Reaction score
The stick LED are great

The stock LED lights are great, I have just always wanted sequential turn signals on the headlights. That's only reason why I was thinking about morimoto. I would have to get lower trim I guess if I want them that bad.
yeah pretty much. if you do get a lower trim like a Laramie with LED please let me be the first person you contact and i will be HAPPY to trade you your OEM LED head/tail lights and i will give you my Halogens. lol
but yeah till someone makes a housing for the Limited and TRX your pretty much stuck with them.

Users who are viewing this thread