5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Headlight coating

bud007

Reaction score
On my old 2004 Ram 1500 the headlights started to yellow badly after a few years and I tried the usual over the counter rejuvenation repairs , without much luck so i ended up replacing them .
On my new truck i would like to try and avoid that, if possible . So i would like some input from anyone that has used any type of lens protectant, PPF , coating ,or sealant and how they have fared.
thanks in advance (y)

PurpleRT

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I have Xpel on mine. Figured the cost of replacement headlights down the line it was cheap insurance just to spend the extra $50 at the time and have it applied at the time. Been almost a year and so far so good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

BowDown

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Mine have Llumar Platinum PPF on them, also the max care unlimited mileage warranty

SpeedyV

Ram Connoisseur
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I have Xpel on mine. Figured the cost of replacement headlights down the line it was cheap insurance just to spend the extra $50 at the time and have it applied at the time. Been almost a year and so far so good.

Ditto (XPEL Ultimate Plus).

bud007

Reaction score
guys ,thanks for the reply's.
i was leaning to having ppf installed on the lights , was just worried about possible yellowing but sounds like that might not be a problem

Users who are viewing this thread