5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Headlight armor with led low beam lights

KNGSNK11

Reaction score
Is anybody here using this combo yet?
I installed some lasfit led low beams some weeks ago and just recently installed the headlight armor film to help protect the housing from chips etc, but I noticed at night the film distorts the lights and creates very thin lines like a shadow effect on the road, you dont notice it looking at the light itself but just the light output on the road its kind of annoying.
It does mention in the instructions that not to use bulbs that produce more light than factory, but I was thinking maybe because it was a heat build up because of the film not because it would distort the light output.
So now I'm looking for alternatives maybe a film that's not as thick because i think that has a lot to do with it.
I did a search and weathertech and rvinyl make precut films but dont want to buy and have the same issues, anybody have any input on this?

2019REBEL

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Only thing I can think of is PPF, don't have it on my current Rebel but had it on my previous Outdoorsman with halogen headlights and it didn't distort them or I didn't notice anything.

KNGSNK11

Reaction score
That's good to know.
The headlight armor is like 14-15 mils thick and I just ordered some laminx that's around 8 mils thick, so once I get it put on I'll update this thread, hopefully it doesn't do the same thing.

Users who are viewing this thread