5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

headlight adjustment?

Robman

Reaction score
My truck is leveled and I have the led light package. I've adjusted them down as much as I can but I'm still blinding people driving in front of me. Has anyone shimmed the housing to aim them down a little further? If so how did you do it?

KingRebel

Reaction score
My truck is leveled and I have the led light package. I've adjusted them down as much as I can but I'm still blinding people driving in front of me. Has anyone shimmed the housing to aim them down a little further? If so how did you do it?
You should not have to do that. Unless your truck is lifted like a Monster truck or always on high beam, Follow this video and you should be good to go.

Robman

Reaction score
You should not have to do that. Unless your truck is lifted like a Monster truck or always on high beam, Follow this video and you should be good to go.

yeah, I thought I had run out of adjustment but I went back and kept turning the adjustment screw and I got them down now.
Thanks

VinnyRam

Reaction score
yeah, I thought I had run out of adjustment but I went back and kept turning the adjustment screw and I got them down now.
Thanks
Which direction did you turn to lower the beam?

VinnyRam

Reaction score
Thanks. Do you still have people flashlight their lights at you after the adjustment?

airgas1998

Reaction score
what i'd like to know is...how do you determine which side is correct iow, my passenger side is lower than my driver side or driver side higher than passenger....do you just pick a side and go with that? or is there another way to determine which side should be adjusted??

Robman

Reaction score
what i'd like to know is...how do you determine which side is correct iow, my passenger side is lower than my driver side or driver side higher than passenger....do you just pick a side and go with that? or is there another way to determine which side should be adjusted??
Both sides should be even as far as what I've read.

EchoTango6

Reaction score

Normally the driver's side headlights (that most directly shines into the eyes of oncoming drivers) are aimed a little lower. The passenger side can be aimed a little higher to help illuminate roadside signs.

The horizontal cutoff line should be aimed below the windshield of an oncoming car or bottom of a rear window of a car to the front. Some lights have lenses that have a sharp horizontal cutoff line and then go up to the right at a 30 degrees angle to illuminate roadside objects. If the lights have these more precise lenses then both left and right should be the same height with the horizontal cutoff out of the eyes of oncoming drivers.

Higher vehicles need to have their lights aimed at a greater downward angle then a lower riding vehicle.

I use a quiet dark street or parking lot with parked cars to verify my lights are aimed properly.

Users who are viewing this thread