5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Headlight Adjustment 2019 RAM Rebel (projector headlights) with 2" level, # of turns to correct headlights position so you don't blind people

YngwieL

Reaction score
After leveling my truck, tried looking for some info on adjusting the headlights after putting a 2" level kit in.. couldn't find anything specific.. so I decided to go ahead, and get the measurements.. little dot on the headlight is:

42.5" from the ground
low beams were hitting at about 45" high
marked a line on the wall at 42.5" and another at 40.5"
40.5" is where you want the top edge of the headlight beam.. 41" is where I put the passenger side beam

from stock headlight position, I rotated the drivers side headlight adjustment screw 4.5 turns clockwise, and the passenger side 4 turns clockwise to get to the positions mentioned above.. hope this helps in regards to making the adjustments without all the other hassles.

side note, my truck had the off-road package, which adds an inch to all my numbers over a standard Rebel, keep that in mind.

Last edited:

NewLove

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Need to do this myself.. How far away from the marked wall were you?..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NewLove

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Can’t understand my setup. DOT mark on headlamp is 43” for ground. At 25 feet back the top of the low beam light is measuring 38” from ground against the garage?? I’m leveled 2”. Everyone and there mother is flashing me on coming. Only thing I can think of is my truck is not on level ground??

Sascwatch

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Can’t understand my setup. DOT mark on headlamp is 43” for ground. At 25 feet back the top of the low beam light is measuring 38” from ground against the garage?? I’m leveled 2”. Everyone and there mother is flashing me on coming. Only thing I can think of is my truck is not on level ground??

I get flashed from time to time with a completely stock unloaded rebel. I just figure the truck is so high that the lights are super bright and shine into the windows of lower vehicles, so they figure my high beams are on.

I plan on leveling my truck at some point and before I do I’ll measure the lights and go back to the same spot and match them up.

YngwieL

Reaction score

I have yet to be flashed by anybody.. I would double check that your truck is on "level" ground.. and depending on the road, if your on a perfectly flat road, and your beams are blinding people, then something went wrong with your setup (you're not actually level).. but you will naturally blind people up close just due to the fact your truck is sitting much higher then a car. I can usually judge my lights when pulling up to people, and at about 6-10 feet behind them, i can see the low beam line on the back of their vehicle, and not blinding them in their rearview mirror.

RamAddic

Reaction score
I get flashed a lot since I leveled. I also think these LED lights on the RAM are crazy bright which just adds to the problem. I’ll have to try adjusting them down further and see if that helps .

TheWaterman83

Reaction score
I get flashed from time to time with a completely stock unloaded rebel. I just figure the truck is so high that the lights are super bright and shine into the windows of lower vehicles, so they figure my high beams are on.

I plan on leveling my truck at some point and before I do I’ll measure the lights and go back to the same spot and match them up.

This happened to me a lot as well. I just did the 2" level. I am leaving it unless it continues now with the level. If it continues to happen then I'll readjust the headlights.

scottmoyer

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I'm getting ready to level my front end with the Bilstein 5100s on a Rebel. Just last night, I went out to see if I could measure where my headlights dropped to the road. Unfortunately, it was too difficult to get the exact spot since the light continues to bounce off the road for a good distance. I read online that typical distance is 150' to 250', but that's a wide range to play with. At 25', I question if a 2" drop in the adjustment is too much or too little for achieving the stock distance.

While driving, on a dark road, I was able to see the drop line up ahead, so I have a rough idea of the distance, so using the 25' rule, I can make adjustments, then drive to the spot I where I saw the drop location, and I can then make equal adjustments up or down to each light to make sure the lighting distance is the same as before.

Scap

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Ever noticed how every single newer F-250 has their lows aimed too high?

I'm glad y'all aren't trying to join that douchebag club.

Beardslow

Reaction score
This is the aiming procedure for the head lamps right from the Mopar 2" lift kit. Looks like at 25' away they are saying center of head light pattern on wall should be 1/2" lower than the distance from the ground to the center of the head lamps on the truck.

Attachments

• Headlight Aimming .jpg
    Headlight Aimming .jpg
    109.6 KB · Views: 37

ayoslickxd

Ram Guru
Reaction score
lol since i got my truck i been flashed for high beams …. now have 4 inch lift

theblet

Legendary member
Reaction score
This is the aiming procedure for the head lamps right from the Mopar 2" lift kit. Looks like at 25' away they are saying center of head light pattern on wall should be 1/2" lower than the distance from the ground to the center of the head lamps on the truck.
But how do you adjust them? I have LEDs

scottmoyer

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Ever noticed how every single newer F-250 has their lows aimed too high?

I'm glad y'all aren't trying to join that douchebag club.
There's a recall from Ford to fix this, but reading the Ford forums, too many of the owners are saying they don't want their lights fixed, so they are refusing the recall.

Users who are viewing this thread