5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Headlamp Switch Replacement

DmarkW

Reaction score
First post so I apologize if this is in the wrong area or already covered in a different thread. I got into my 2019 Ram 1500 bighorn with my hunting gear on and accidentally hit the headlamp switch with my knee. I really don't feel like I hit it all that hard, but I sent the knob right into the dash. Was able to get it put from underneath, but it is obviously broken. The OEM replacement for the entire switch is cheap, but im wondering how much work will be involved in actually replacing it. Truck is still a few thousand miles under the warranty but im assuming me shoving my knee haphazardly into the dash isn't covered. Has anyone else replaced the headlamp switch that could walk me through it?

gHiDoRa

Ram Guru
Reaction score
The headlight switch panel is only holding by couple clips, what i did is pull from the right side of it, you really don't need rim tool for it.

DmarkW

Reaction score
The headlight switch panel is only holding by couple clips, what i did is pull from the right side of it, you really don't need rim tool for it.
Thanks for the reply. I found a video showing the replacement for a 4th gen and based in your response it sounds like this will be similar. Just wanted to be sure there wasn't a hidden screw or or something for me to break before I tried to pry the old one out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/

Members online