5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Headers

Wsttexas82

Reaction score
Hell I’m used to shiny long tubes lol. It’s has rained 2-3 times and I drove in it but dang less than 500 miles on the thing.

Last edited:

Rick3478

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Unpainted raw cast iron that gets hotter than blazes, of course it's gonna rust. Most OEM's have done exhaust that way forever. The engine manifolds are usually thick enough that they outlast the rest of the vehicle, the rest of the pipes and mufflers are sacrificial parts you just replace when they are worn out. If you wanna up your game, there are stainless shorty headers and catback pipes and mufflers available. Not sure about the catalysts, I havn't looked into it, but for the right price someone will probably do it.

Wsttexas82

Reaction score
E
Unpainted raw cast iron that gets hotter than blazes, of course it's gonna rust. Most OEM's have done exhaust that way forever. The engine manifolds are usually thick enough that they outlast the rest of the vehicle, the rest of the pipes and mufflers are sacrificial parts you just replace when they are worn out. If you wanna up your game, there are stainless shorty headers and catback pipes and mufflers available. Not sure about the catalysts, I havn't looked into it, but for the right price someone will probably do it.
Yeah I’m looking at getting the afe shorty headers and hopefully I won’t have to tune it if it starts throwing codes.

Users who are viewing this thread