5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

HD radio issues

Pop's Ram

Reaction score
I did a search in the forums and came up empty, so here goes. A while ago, my favorite radio station here in Central NJ changed it's format from Country to something else. I recently was frequency searching and found the same station on HD. It used to be 94.7 but now comes up on 94.7-2 (Country WXBK) and has "HD" highlighted. The issue I have is that it cuts out from time to time, sometimes for as much as a few minutes and the screen shows "buffering". It is really annoying because when it resumes, it doesn't pickup from where it left off. Like I said, sometimes there are minutes of silence. Any way to fix this?

jdefoe0424

Ram Guru
Reaction score
That's just how HD radio is, it's a lot smaller in its reach and is typically only near larger cities.
I had it in another vehicle and turned it off for the reasons you're talking about, the cutting in and out.

Users who are viewing this thread