5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

HD Radio in Non-Nav unit

AnthroMoto

Reaction score

jman307

Reaction score
I completely agree! I am still in awe that they have the audacity to 1) have a non-nav uconnect for the price point of these trucks and 2) try to short us even more by charging $800 for the nav version and 3) not even have the decency to give us HD radio on the non-nav! WTH! Sweet truck otherwise though:)

Bram2019

Reaction score
I completely agree! I am still in awe that they have the audacity to 1) have a non-nav uconnect for the price point of these trucks and 2) try to short us even more by charging $800 for the nav version and 3) not even have the decency to give us HD radio on the non-nav! WTH! Sweet truck otherwise though:)
Has anyone complained to FCA about this. Seems like paying for something and not getting it.

fotomatt1

Reaction score
I am angry about this as well....is this an actual ALL NEW 1500 manual, or a Classic manual? I'm annoyed at the features that the UConnect 4 does NOT have...i was told by my dealer it has everything but Nav, but since it doesn't have remote start with app, etc, they gave me slush mats and a bed divider to compensate. Now I'm even more annoyed that it doesn't have HD radio. 3,000 miles later there's not much I can do. At that point I was given the opportunity to return the truck, but since it was a dealer demo it had another $5k off the discounted price and I wasn't going to see that deal on another one, so I guess I should suck it up?

Rick8325

Reaction score
The Ram website shows it has it as well: https://www.ramtrucks.com/uconnect/systems/2019/UAM.html

I'm over it now as I have a free year of SiriusXM and will most likely subscribe after the year is up. The tune start feature to start the song at the beginning when you change your presets is amazing!

Attachments

• RAM HD RADIO.jpg
    RAM HD RADIO.jpg
    180.3 KB · Views: 104

GRAYWOLF

Reaction score
Probably mean it had HD quality audio, not HD reception.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Bram2019

Reaction score
Probably mean it had HD quality audio, not HD reception.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
Totally untrue. If you go on the Uconnect website, in both the website and manual the HD Radio feature says TM after it. That is trade mark. The non Nav radio is suppose to have HD Radio capability. It shows up in screenshots in the Uconnect manual and clearly states it has it. I want it and will probably complain to FCA because I paid for it. So should everyone else whether you use it or not.

AnthroMoto

Reaction score
I am pretty sure the radios have the physical capability to do HD radio and it seems that FCA had originally intended to include HD radio in the non-Nav unit. However, every unit produced requires a licensing fee to iBiquity, the holders of the patent for HD Radio. I think it was a licensing issue to the manufacturer of the non-Nav unit. From what I have read, they Nav unit and Non-Nav units are made by different manufacturers.

Bram2019

Reaction score
The 2 units are made by different manufacturers. We bought these vehicles with the knowledge that the radios 8.4 and bigger all should have HD radio. The 8.4 non nav absolutely claims to have HD radio. Removing it after I paid for it is probably fraud. All we can do is complain. FCA will say they have the right to change things on the fly. If true, then why is it still advertised on the Uconnect website and is still in the owners manual. I would like to have it but it is not a deal breaker. I just could not justify the extra $800.00 for Nav that is not very good and expensive to update. I will use Waze or Android auto. Both work better anyway. And if I really get the bug, I will install the 12 inch screen once guys here have all the bugs worked out. They are pretty close.

AnthroMoto

Reaction score
I posted this on another thread, but it applies here too: Infotainment.com is working on a solution right now. They have not yet released the upgrade kit, but you can put your name on a waiting list to be notified when the solution comes available. infotainment.com is probably the best resource to upgrade your non-nav unit to either the 8.4C Nav or even the 12C Nav, which is not available on the popular Big Horn edition. Here is the link to sign up: https://forms.zohopublic.com/infota...a/m7R2exajUQkfs2WJO8mkDzUcYC2HIt5WrUWxFICnigs

Sgriff51

Reaction score
If the mislead us on this issue they will have lawsuits because of The sure volume of buyers expecting certain features advertised but not delivered. Too me huge issue as technology will effect overall value. Stating that you have something but in reality you don’t is a issue for Dodge/Chrysler and add to that dealerships stating something can be upgrade via software but finding out you can’t compounds the issue

Conch007

Reaction score
Has anyone complained to FCA about this. Seems like paying for something and not getting it.
Complaining to ram seems to be useless. They went backwards with this. They need to figure it out real quick or they will start loosing long time customers technology should not go backwards and that’s what they did with these new radios telling us we can’t put something in the truck that they build instead of just giving us the part numbers and selling the parts.

fotomatt1

Reaction score
Complaining to ram seems to be useless. They went backwards with this. They need to figure it out real quick or they will start loosing long time customers technology should not go backwards and that’s what they did with these new radios telling us we can’t put something in the truck that they build instead of just giving us the part numbers and selling the parts.

Has anybody circled back with FCA on this? I've been going back and forth with customer care for 2 weeks now. They initially told me my truck had HD Radio and I just didn't know how to use it. The gentleman I talked to named Tyler assured me that it had it and he checked and it was supposed to, but if it didn't have it they'd come up with an amicable solution. All I had to do was bring it to the dealer and all would be fine. I took it in last week and of course, it doesn't have HD Radio because I'm not an idiot. Tyler from customer care calls me back, and said yes, the website is a mistake, but "it's not their fault because ramtrucks.com is for informational purposes only." He said the dealer should have known (they didn't) but since I didn't notice it when I picked the truck up before it was titled that it's my fault and the dealer, but FCA bears no responsibility. To this day, they're still advertising HD Radio as included in the UConnect 4 8.4" without nav. I'm pretty sure this logic won't stand up in court and have started working with an attorney on it. He seems convinced they have to make it work or swap the vehicle. I'm curious what others have found.

Bram2019

Reaction score
One thing I know for fact is the 2019 Ram Classic DS that has a base 8.4 radio without Nav has HD radio, SOS, Ability to start vehicle with a phone and the radio is made by Panasonic. The 8.4 non Nav in the DT, I believe is made by Delphi. It is not Panasonic. Sounds suspicious like a switch and bait for DT owners. Hopefully there is a way to force the issue. Do not know if you could put a 8.4 radio from a DS into a DT. I think FCA knew exactly what they were doing.

fotomatt1

Reaction score
If FCA knew exactly what they were doing they'd make note of the difference in order to upsell NAV units.

It’s a mistake on the website and the company is so big customer care can’t seem to get it corrected but they also won’t do anything for misled customers. They keep pushing it back on the dealer saying they should have warned me or swapped my vehicle which wasn’t possible once it was titled. What a runaround. Attorney is trying to figure it out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Conch007

Reaction score
Has anybody circled back with FCA on this? I've been going back and forth with customer care for 2 weeks now. They initially told me my truck had HD Radio and I just didn't know how to use it. The gentleman I talked to named Tyler assured me that it had it and he checked and it was supposed to, but if it didn't have it they'd come up with an amicable solution. All I had to do was bring it to the dealer and all would be fine. I took it in last week and of course, it doesn't have HD Radio because I'm not an idiot. Tyler from customer care calls me back, and said yes, the website is a mistake, but "it's not their fault because ramtrucks.com is for informational purposes only." He said the dealer should have known (they didn't) but since I didn't notice it when I picked the truck up before it was titled that it's my fault and the dealer, but FCA bears no responsibility. To this day, they're still advertising HD Radio as included in the UConnect 4 8.4" without nav. I'm pretty sure this logic won't stand up in court and have started working with an attorney on it. He seems convinced they have to make it work or swap the vehicle. I'm curious what others have found.
Break out your build sheet and your window sticker if they don’t match they have to make it right. I’m seeing a lot of circle talk going on right now with ram

fotomatt1

Reaction score
Break out your build sheet and your window sticker if they don’t match they have to make it right. I’m seeing a lot of circle talk going on right now with ram

My build sheet does match the sticker. My issue is that their MARKETING materials detail HD radio in the Uconnect 4 8.4 non-nav. I never would have thought to look at a build sheet considering I thought that all UConnect 4 units had it. It still says it on their website because they say the website is only “informational.” Of course it is!!! That’s where I go to get information and make an informed purchase but I was misled by the manufacturer. FCA is telling me it’s the dealers fault. The dealer actually thought it had HD radio also.

Conch007

Reaction score
My build sheet does match the sticker. My issue is that their MARKETING materials detail HD radio in the Uconnect 4 8.4 non-nav. I never would have thought to look at a build sheet considering I thought that all UConnect 4 units had it. It still says it on their website because they say the website is only “informational.” Of course it is!!! That’s where I go to get information and make an informed purchase but I was misled by the manufacturer. FCA is telling me it’s the dealers fault. The dealer actually thought it had HD radio also.

I’m on the same page with you what you get should be what is advertised. There is too much stuff not lining up with what FCA is putting out there

fotomatt1

Reaction score
Been discussing with an attorney. There’s definitely wrong-doing in FCA’s part here, even if unintentional. It’s still bait and switch and they owe me (and all others who purchased under the same assumption) compensation or repair to add the feature left out at the factory.

Users who are viewing this thread