5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Haze and spots on instrument cluster plastic.

Amazing93

Reaction score
When I picked up my truck from the dealer I noticed what looked like residue from the dealership detailers on my instrument cluster. I figured I'd just wipe it off when I got home. Well it dont wipe off. I cant tell if it's a factory defect on the inside of the cluster or if the detailers at the dealer put something on there they shouldnt have. I took some pics. It's real bad when the sun hits it. Has anyone seen this? If you zoom in you can see it better. Was hard to get good pics of it but looks similar to waterspot etching. 20190830_132704.jpg It's going to the shop on 9/6 to get looked at. I'm worried they will try to blame me. But it's been like this since day 1. Thanks all! 20190830_132724.jpg

GraniteRam

Reaction score
You could tape off the surround and use some plastic polish to see if the spots would come out. If it works it would save you the headache from dealing with the dealership.

RetMSGT

Reaction score
I had a visual defect like that, but not as bad on the inside of the plastic on mine. The dealer replaced it without question. They did have to get approval from Ram first, but it wasn’t an issue.

Users who are viewing this thread