5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hazards started on their own

U

User_34235

This only happened once in the 2 weeks I have owned this so don't think it's a major deal but still confusing. I am sitting in the driveway after driving about 25 minutes. I am talking to my son with one window down and the engine still running. After about 7 minutes parked the hazards suddenly come on. I didn't hit anything on the dash or the key fob. No matter how many times I hit the hazards button they will not go off so I turn off the engine and wait a few seconds and hit the hazards button again and they go off. Restart the truck and start driving away when I notice that the instrument cluster has changed. I keep it on the MPH setting but now it's showing me the tire pressure. I change it back to MPH and drive home with no more issues. Just very odd to me.
Thoughts?

BNeal

Reaction score
Not sure, but last week when we got that weather mess here in TX, my tire pressure dropped. I took it to Discount Tire to have them aired up and while I was sitting there my flashers started with no intervention from me. As soon as he was done filling the tires, they stopped flashing. Not sure it's the same issue, but may be worth a call to the service department to see if tire pressure has anything to do with hazard lights going off.

Last edited:

LaxDfns15

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Not sure, but last week when we got that weather mess here in TX, my tire pressure dropped. I took it to Discount Tire to have them aired up and while I was sitting there my flashers started with no intervention from me. As soon as he was done filling the tires, they stopped flashing. Not sure it's the same issue, but may be worth a call to the service department to see if tire pressure has anything to do with hazard lights going off.
Doesn't seem like the same thing. Our trucks have a Tire Fill Assist where the hazards will flash when the pressure gets close to correct, and then the horn will chirp once it's hit. The hazards will go off once the tire is filled.

Jeffjad

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Here is another thread about this. Seems the fix would be to turn off the tire fill alert in uconnect settings.

U

User_34235

Thanks all. I just found it very odd especially that I could not turn them off. I might go in and change the fill alert. Thanks again

Bryanweiser

Reaction score
This only happened once in the 2 weeks I have owned this so don't think it's a major deal but still confusing. I am sitting in the driveway after driving about 25 minutes. I am talking to my son with one window down and the engine still running. After about 7 minutes parked the hazards suddenly come on. I didn't hit anything on the dash or the key fob. No matter how many times I hit the hazards button they will not go off so I turn off the engine and wait a few seconds and hit the hazards button again and they go off. Restart the truck and start driving away when I notice that the instrument cluster has changed. I keep it on the MPH setting but now it's showing me the tire pressure. I change it back to MPH and drive home with no more issues. Just very odd to me.
Thoughts?

Bryanweiser

Reaction score
Hi did you ever resolve this issue? The exact same thing happened to me today except I never pushed any buttons and turned the truck off for 3 mins. Thx.

Trippi

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Just happened to me with a 2023. Sitting in park but was able to stop the flashing by pressing the hazard button a couple of times...at least I think that worked. 😅

Redz72

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Any word on this issue? Same thing with me. Started my truck after running into the pharmacy and the hazards came on by themselves and would not turn off. I shut the truck down for a minute and restarted. EVIC screen came on with tire pressure but hazards stopped. Second time this happened in a few weeks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/

Members online