5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hazards going on

rp781

Reaction score
Wondering if anyone can help? Twice now I've been sitting in my truck, in gear, truck running and the horn will honk and the hazards will start flashing. The only way to get them to go off is to drive forward a little bit. The hazard button does nothing.

It happened to me the other day in a drive thru.....guy in front of me thought I was crazy :(

VectorZ

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Wondering if anyone can help? Twice now I've been sitting in my truck, in gear, truck running and the horn will honk and the hazards will start flashing. The only way to get them to go off is to drive forward a little bit. The hazard button does nothing.

It happened to me the other day in a drive thru.....guy in front of me thought I was crazy :(
Weird, never seen this issue before. Try to get it on video so you can take it in to the dealer. Are you sure you don't have the key in your pocket? It kinda sounds like what the truck does when you try and lock it with the key inside.

Edwards

Ram Guru
Reaction score
The hazards do not honk the horn so you can rule that out. When the hazards flash and the horn honks it's because the alarm/panic mode was activated and you can do this via the key fob or through the Uconnect app. One or the other set off panic mode.

Users who are viewing this thread