5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hazard Lights Engaged

Trippi

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Can anybody tell me what functionality engaged today?
Took a work call today on my drive in....using bluetooth. Call was still going when I got to the office parking lot. I stayed on the call with the truck running. Eventually I turned the truck off and transferred the call back to my phone. Randomly the horn beeped and the hazards started flashing.

I take calls all the time and transfer to phone. The truck asks if you want to transfer as soon as you turn the truck off. it's kind of hard to make a mistake here.

why would this happen? Why would the truck just beep and turn the hazards on? I pushed the hazard button a couple of times and that seemed to shut them off but could have been a coincidence? I dunno...

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
It's happened to me 3 times in 12k miles.
I'm not sure I ever figured it out.

I think it has something to do thinking your truck is disabled and it's "helping" you.

Dewey

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Sounds like yet another UC 5 glitch. Don’t worry they’ll have an update for that soon then create another problem.😆

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
Sounds like yet another UC 5 glitch. Don’t worry they’ll have an update for that soon then create another problem.😆
I'm all for bashing UC5 but come on... Hazard lights? I don't even think that exists in UC5 in any kind of option\menu.

Dewey

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I'm all for bashing UC5 but come on... Hazard lights? I don't even think that exists in UC5 in any kind of option\menu.
Using bluetooth at the same time is what made me go that direction. Not unheard of to have strange quirks related to UC 5 communicating with the rest of the truck. Maybe triggered some type of safety feature within or maybe just a software glitch.

Check out this thread.

Trippi

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Using bluetooth at the same time is what made me go that direction. Not unheard of to have strange quirks related to UC 5 communicating with the rest of the truck. Maybe triggered some type of safety feature within or maybe just a software glitch.

Check out this thread.

Yes....that was the other thing. The instrument panel changed to show tire pressure. I usually have it set with the 5 favorite pages. My mind immediately went to oh this isn't good I am about to enter an electrical failure 🤣

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
Yes....that was the other thing. The instrument panel changed to show tire pressure. I usually have it set with the 5 favorite pages. My mind immediately went to oh this isn't good I am about to enter an electrical failure 🤣
My HUD defaulted it's settings yesterday. Had to stop to place it back in custom and place the things where I wanted it.
Random stuff like this happens all the time, I don't even let me truck sit for days without being driven so who knows.

Trippi

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Agreed...I swear my screens are flashing/scrolling something and I'm just not catching what exactly. I'm driving and can sense in my peripheral something just flashed and no it's not the next song on the radio. Lol!

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Did you by chance have a flat tire this morning? Sounds like a glitch with TPMS as it will flash the lights while adding air and honk when proper tire pressure is reached

Trippi

Ram Guru
Reaction score
No flat tire...but I will say I have never seen tire pressure go up an down so much as on this truck. My 2020 Rebel pretty much never moved. This one...one moment I'm 39 then 41 then 38 then 40...I could barely get the tires inflated properly according to the door which I believe is 39. The TPMS did not even alert me when I got to 40 or 39 even after deflating to be sure.

Wreckm

Reaction score
With temperature changing the tire pressure changes.
You need to disable the feature in the settings.
Once the tires hit the right pressure it honks and hazards go on to let you know you're at the right pressure.

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
No flat tire...but I will say I have never seen tire pressure go up an down so much as on this truck. My 2020 Rebel pretty much never moved. This one...one moment I'm 39 then 41 then 38 then 40...I could barely get the tires inflated properly according to the door which I believe is 39. The TPMS did not even alert me when I got to 40 or 39 even after deflating to be sure.
You might of had bad sensors on your Rebel OR they were not filled with air but nitrogen.
It's normal for my 36psi tires to hit 41\42psi under load (as air heats up).

The TPMS don't update in the damn system until you are driving which is really annoying, most cars\trucks update once a minute or so when idle but this Ram doesn't so it will show 42psi then 10-30 seconds later while moving update a few times back to 36.

The TPMS are used for flats, it's not going to warn when you are a few below. You can configure these via Alfaobd if you really want to, i'm not sure what the stock setting is off the top of my head but I would assume if it's 36 cold, the alert would be around 25

Users who are viewing this thread