5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Having an internal dilemma

GoFastGoFish

Reaction score
So here's the deal.. I was an early adopter.. and it's worked out great.. I have never really had any issues with my 2019 Ram Limited (build date 3-18).. up until getting stuck in my yard and kicking off some codes and 4WD shutting down.. I get weird when stuff like that happens , because I lose trust.. since I take it on the beach surf fishing at 4am. This is literally the first thing that ever happened.. and pretty sure it's my fault and not the trucks. So I am sitting here contemplating buying a 21' , so that I can get Tech Package and MFT.. but it looks like it's impossible to find trucks without e-torque.

So I guess the question is.. multi- sided..
Am I crazy for being a baby about the temporary issue with 4wd?
Can I retrofit tech package?
Why is there a shortage on regular hemis.. ?
My does my lab have bad gas :)

z0n3

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I think they are currently looking into how to retrofit the tech package in 2019-2020 trucks in the 3rd brake light thread. Seems you need another BCM to accomplish it. It wouldn't hurt for you to see what a local dealer would give you for your trade. I traded my 2019 bighorn in for 40k and bought the 2021 laramie now. I don't think its crazy to trade in on something new to get exactly what you want.

jastevenson

Reaction score
You can always special order without eTorque. I did and am glad.

Willwork4truck

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Well it doesn’t sound like it is a recurring issue, however IF you can afford the upgrade you might want to see what your truck will bring.

Only you know your finances etc but the 21’s are certainly nice and you could get the advanced safety package, multi-function tailgate, ramboxes etc that you didn't get before.

Me, I didn’t want nor did I trust ETorque back in April of 2019 when I bought, however I would change my mind about it if purchasing now.
So really, don’t let having ET stop you, IMHO.

And yes your lab has bad gas, cheap doggie food is often the source. At least my Doberman had the same issue when I cheaped out on dry food... 😬🙄

z0n3

Ram Guru
Reaction score
FYI if you special order without etorque I don't believe you can get the tech package and some other items. Saw a thread about that last week.

Users who are viewing this thread