5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Having a hard time deciding

outdoorco75

Reaction score
I have a 2 week old 2021 Rebel in the driveway, loving it. Owned a 2010 Ram 1500 also, night and day difference. Had power running boards on a couple of trucks. They are 'okay' but the mechanisms get clogged with ice and snow and the drivers side on my last one (Ford) was making some noise like gears were failing. Going with fixed running boards on this 2021 they should arrive at the dealer this week. Note: I ordered the Ram off road CAST aluminum running boards with a textured grip surface. They are more money but nice, my brother put them on his Ram.

Had the 360 view on my F350 I just traded in. It was a nice to have but avoided on the Ram due to having to opt for all the computer safety crap to get it. Love the 12" screen and had fully intended NOT to order it, it's the bom so glad this off the lot Rebel has it. Also have the HUD which I'm loving. The computer screen rear view mirror is utterly useless to me though, I put it into regular mirror mode.

with the 3.92 rear diff and regular Hemi V8 she gets up and goes like a bat out of hell.

WARNING: If you get the MFT like I have your bed cover options are significantly limited. My Extang arrived today, one of the few that fit. The issue is they add some corner braces to the inside/front of the bed due to the MFT and those interfere with most of the bed cover rails. I think I'll like the MFT and the bed cover issue was a minor annoyance so a fair trade off.

The Rebel Wrangler tires are a bit much for highway driving, a bit of whine but I have heard far worse. I'll likely go with a more friendly AT/Highway tire after I run these for a year or so.

2010 vs 2021 The 2021 feels light and nimble, better handling, brakes are awesome I see Ram went with larger rotors on these. And compared to the 2017 F350 I just traded the brakes are WAY better. Center console is super cool love how its adjustable and a crap ton of storage.

The RAM interior control layout is PERFECTION! My 2017 F350 control layout is best described as awkward and clunky in comparison.

Ram LED headlights crush the F350 LED headlights. After a week in the Ram driving our dark country roads I have to say they are on par with my 2014 F150 HID headlights which were the previous king of headlights. The old 2014 F150 HID is still the leader but not by much and I constantly got flashed in the F150.

Take a look at my truck. It does NOT have the night Night Edition, yet apparently if you choose black you get most of it. Headlights, taillights, rear and side badges blacked out. Yet silver RAM logo on the grill and silver front skid plate, and silver accents on the black wheels. To me that's just the right amount of blacked out without being too blacked out.

View attachment 76110 View attachment 76111

There is a company that sells replacement brackets for the MFT bed that makes them much less bulky and allows for better mounting. I bought them thinking I was going tonneau, I went Smartcap instead. They are still sitting in my office if you are interested.
37941e9b4b21d41f9bff3d46fdc69183.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HemiDude

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
It seems people who make these comments about air ride not being good had older vehicles with air suspension or are going off someone elses post about 'this one time at band camp' a failure happened.

My air ride has had no problems. 100k bumper to bumper makes me feel even less concerned.

Edit: sorry if that comes off fiesty, its just that I have had half a michelob ultra and am feeling like flexing my internet muscles.
"This one time at band camp" :ROFLMAO:

coolidge

Reaction score
There is a company that sells replacement brackets for the MFT bed that makes them much less bulky and allows for better mounting. I bought them thinking I was going tonneau, I went Smartcap instead. They are still sitting in my office if you are interested.
37941e9b4b21d41f9bff3d46fdc69183.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I looked into those steel brackets, by the way rampant fitment issues reported with them. Honestly all the bed cover hassles related to the MFT bed brackets I just went with an Extang hard cover that installs in minutes without any modifications required. I'm good to go.

Trooper4

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Here in Oregon/Washington they also have to stick out beyond the fender about 9 inches. If you want to eat a rock to the windshield this is the place to live.
If they slide into a snowbank with those, or clip a curb, all that leverage will pretty well take care of the alignment. Don't know why tire shops even set them up that waw. In most states it is against the laws to have tires/wheels sticking out past the outermost part of the body.

Willwork4truck

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Got the Limited for the wife( ;-) ) because of the great ride, but both of us really like the power boards. Have a Limited with ALMOAST all the options, and really can't see going for anything else now that we have it.
Just my 2cents.
Trooper, we both did the same, a Ltd RAM for the wife and the same Ivory colors as well. Best decision I ever made on a vehicle, she loves it and I’ll go before it does...🤔
I am surprised I wanted a Laramie in order to save a few thousand.
Over time that $ saved has faded away while her smile when she drives off is still there.

Trippi

Ram Guru
Reaction score
If you’re worried about mpg, the Rebel is probably the worst trim level you could be looking at. The Rebel is more about the smiles per gallon.
The Rebel might still get better mpg then your 09 but the Laramie or Limited will definitely get better mpg.
Smiles Per Gallon...all day long! :) :)

Users who are viewing this thread