5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Having a hard time deciding

z0n3

Ram Guru
Reaction score
For my limited when i park in a known congested parking area i put it in OR2 and put the running boards down. Solves door dings from the lower cars.
Something about having to set the running boards to prevent dings doesn't work for me. Id rather just have them fixed, then I can't forget. But I'm sure this works for plenty of others, so whatever floats your boat!

coolidge

Reaction score
I love my Rebel. Inside with leather, Level 2, pano, it looks luxurious. Outside it looks bad ***.
I'm NOT a fan of trucks with oversized rims. I just don't get it and I think it looks funny. That's me, not you. The Rebel seems like the best of both worlds. And 3.92's in the rear? Can't go wrong there.

Ditto on everything you just said. Oversize wheels make me want to hurl. My brothers non-Rebel looks too car like the Rebel styling is much more to my liking.

Neurobit

RAM Sorcerer
Reaction score
Another vote for the powered running boards. They seem to be pretty reliable across trucks on this board.
Mine have been great, with the occasional delay to retract, but nothing more than a few seconds after I get moving. Really love how convenient they are and tuck away out of the way.

PowerJrod

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Ditto on everything you just said. Oversize wheels make me want to hurl. My brothers non-Rebel looks too car like the Rebel styling is much more to my liking.
I remember when I was in GA while being in the Army...it was the only thing I ever saw....lowered trucks with huge rims.. smh.

BoDarville

Reaction score
I got a well-equipped Laramie instead of a Limited because the leasing numbers were much better, even though the price wasn't far off. If I were purchasing, I think Limited would be the way to go. The nicer interior, air suspension, bedliner, etc all add up to a pretty good value if you want a loaded truck. And one more vote here for power running boards - one of my favorite features on my truck.

rsmith7226

Reaction score
I also went with the Laramie instead of the limited. I am leasing and the lease numbers where way better on the Laramie. I got every option possible except the etorque and air suspension. I had air suspension in my 2013 and it would freeze and not work in Minnesota winters. I test drove a 2021 Limited and it was displaying the immediate service air suspension just like my 2013 would when it froze. The day I test drove it was 20 degrees outside.

Loving the Laramie rides awesome I almost think smoother without the air suspension. Power running boards have been awesome so far.

Kibro2

Reaction score
I got the Rebel and added AMP power steps..I’ve had the on my GMC Denali I traded for RAM and F150 before that. I absolutely love them and wouldn’t go back to fixed albeit I don’t have snow and ice in winter down south. Do have mud duck hunting and never had any issues with power steps. Just my 2cents!
Also love the Rebel overal. First RAM and definitely a fan now.

1ramrunner

Reaction score
Wow, Thanks for all the replies and experience. I am definitely against the power running boards, just make me feel old. I am noticing the lower MPG's on Rebels and that does have me a little worried. My current truck is a 2009 Dodge ram 1500 with less than 30K miles. The miles are so low because of the gas mileage it gets. I want a truck I will want to drive drive, this is making me nervous. I do however like the look of the Rebel vs, the Big Horn/Larime. A dealership about 2 hours away just got in a Rebel with everything I would order, just waiting on pricing before I make the trip. Trade in is another thing that scares me, KBB trade in value is much better than the what dealers have been offering, but they have not seen my truck yet.
Decisions, decisions, decisions...

Sam_The_RAM_Man

Reaction score
I am looking to move from my 2009 Dodge Ram 1500 to a 2021 model. I started looking at a Big Horn, but with all the options I wanted, a Larime seemed to be the best fit. I stumbled onto a Limited at a great price, but I don't want power running boards. I am now looking at Rebel because I'm not sure about the Larime rims. But, I don't think I'll ever go off road. I do know I want RamBox, Night Edition, Crystal Granite, BUG, Duel Pane Panoramic Sunroof, and 12" screen. I am considering the 360 view, but don't really know why. Too many choices.
It really comes down to what you plan on doing with the RAM.

From a MSRP stand point, the Rebel makes the most sense if you are looking for the least expensive option out of the three with the features you mentioned. I added in the upgraded 3.92 axle ration; trailer brake controller; and the 33-gallon fuel tank to the options:
  • Rebel would sticker at $65,200
  • Laramie would sticker at $66,270
  • Limited would sticker at $71,805
If you're looking for a truck that you'd take to the beach or hunting and don't want to worry or settle on capability, the Rebel makes the most sense.

From a daily driver perspective, the Limited is the most comfortable ride and easiest entry/exit due to the standard "4-corner air suspension", but you could get that set up on a Laramie if you really wanted to.

Personally, I like the ventilated front seats; remote tailgate release; reclining rear seats; and rear seat center console on the Laramie. I love the look and ride of the Laramie.

I look forward to hearing what you decide on.

Attachments

• Rebel.PNG
    Rebel.PNG
    153.9 KB · Views: 11
  • Laramie.PNG
    Laramie.PNG
    152.8 KB · Views: 11
  • Limited.PNG
    Limited.PNG
    143.3 KB · Views: 11

coolidge

Reaction score
Wow, Thanks for all the replies and experience. I am definitely against the power running boards, just make me feel old. I am noticing the lower MPG's on Rebels and that does have me a little worried. My current truck is a 2009 Dodge ram 1500 with less than 30K miles. The miles are so low because of the gas mileage it gets. I want a truck I will want to drive drive, this is making me nervous. I do however like the look of the Rebel vs, the Big Horn/Larime. A dealership about 2 hours away just got in a Rebel with everything I would order, just waiting on pricing before I make the trip. Trade in is another thing that scares me, KBB trade in value is much better than the what dealers have been offering, but they have not seen my truck yet.
Decisions, decisions, decisions...

Then you are not looking for a V8 gas Ram imo. I'm getting 12.8 mpg in my Rebel for the first 400 miles of mixed driving. If it was getting 18 mpg I'd save $65 a month. I'll trade $65 a month for fun of the Rebel's hair trigger throttle response and 'haul ***' tune.

Rexx

Reaction score
The miles are so low because of the gas mileage it gets. I want a truck I will want to drive drive, this is making me nervous. I
If you’re worried about mpg, the Rebel is probably the worst trim level you could be looking at. The Rebel is more about the smiles per gallon.
The Rebel might still get better mpg then your 09 but the Laramie or Limited will definitely get better mpg.

Users who are viewing this thread