5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Have Had it with Bizzare Behaviour of Uconnect

Airbearmd

Reaction score
I have a 6 month old RAM 1500 Limited loaded with all the options. From day 1 I have had different issues seemingly associated with the Uconnect (12" screen). The issues run the gamut from not disconnecting from phone calls to screen locking up and not allowing any inputs at all, which is a real pain when it is 20 degrees outside and you can't turn your heat and defrost on. Sometimes just stopping and restarting vehicle fixes a problem, and other times it will decide to just start working a couple of hours later or sometimes days later. What it very disconcerting to me is taking the truck to the dealer and the service writer telling me its a software issue (4 different times) and that they don't have an update yet to fix the problem. This last time I was told he had 4 other trucks in the bay that were not taking the software fix that RAM sent them, and not to bother bringing my truck in until he called, and that was a week ago. Shazzam! The next day everything is working again. I have kept a log and the problem seems related to rainy cold days, but the dealer deny's any weather connection.

My wife and I now make a joke of it wondering what new problem we will face with our $70k truck. RAM needs to solve these issues or its really going to kill their sales. I have already warned off a neighbor and pointed him to a FORD. You can't beat this truck when everything is working, but that is the problem isn't it!!!

Jtr

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Unfortunately, there are a lot of threads on this issue and all of the issues you point out I also experience. It would be nice if FCA would at least communicate with us on their plans to fix the issue. So far, we are just told of vague references of a software fix that will be rolled out at some point. There are well respected auto reviews that are also on to this issue, which should help all of us. Each article says the truck is great but the uconnect is unstable and a concern. Like this one from motortrend: https://www.motortrend.com/cars/ram/1500/2019/2019-ram-1500-laramie-long-term-update-2-review/

Neurobit

RAM Sorcerer
Reaction score
I have a 6 month old RAM 1500 Limited loaded with all the options. From day 1 I have had different issues seemingly associated with the Uconnect (12" screen). The issues run the gamut from not disconnecting from phone calls to screen locking up and not allowing any inputs at all, which is a real pain when it is 20 degrees outside and you can't turn your heat and defrost on. Sometimes just stopping and restarting vehicle fixes a problem, and other times it will decide to just start working a couple of hours later or sometimes days later. What it very disconcerting to me is taking the truck to the dealer and the service writer telling me its a software issue (4 different times) and that they don't have an update yet to fix the problem. This last time I was told he had 4 other trucks in the bay that were not taking the software fix that RAM sent them, and not to bother bringing my truck in until he called, and that was a week ago. Shazzam! The next day everything is working again. I have kept a log and the problem seems related to rainy cold days, but the dealer deny's any weather connection.

My wife and I now make a joke of it wondering what new problem we will face with our $70k truck. RAM needs to solve these issues or its really going to kill their sales. I have already warned off a neighbor and pointed him to a FORD. You can't beat this truck when everything is working, but that is the problem isn't it!!!
So sorry to hear and I can empathize. Just keep taking it and document everything.
Fully agree with JTR, FCA should at least communicate how they intend to fix these issues. It's bizarre that all you hear is crickets.

Reactions: Jtr

Users who are viewing this thread