5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hate to ask but.....

ratchet74

Reaction score
Seems like I have read a thousand posts with respect to Tire sizes, and things always seem to go to: I have the ORP, I have a xxx lift kit, I am running spacers, etc. But like most, I have the Stock Duellers, so I agoing to swap out, but I am keeping the stock rims and NOT lifit, and prefer not to run spacers (although I could be swayed to a 1/4 inch just to clear the UCA if need be). Don't get me wrong, all of the trucks I have seen hera and on the road look awesome, I am just sticking with what I have on this lease.

I have also played with the rire comparison tools.

Anyways, I have a 2021 Ram, Night edition, no ORP, no suspension lifts, etc 275/55/20's. I have seen a couple similar in parking lots, with bigger tires, But I do not want the hassle of things rubbing. Will all these fit without any changes on the stock black 20x9's :

275/60 R20 < Saw a set of cooper Rugged Treks that looked awesome
285/55 R 20 < Saw a set of these -think there was a spacer behind
285/60 R 20 < Saw a set of these in a local parking too that looked GREAT - just not sure if they were running spacers or not, or if they rubbed

Sorry to ask, but I am getting ready to pull the trigger & the more I read, the more I seem to get conflicting info (or maybe it's in my head from reading too much)

Thanks,
Ratchet

mxz

Reaction score
Just picked up a 2022 Ram Sport 4x4 3 days ago. Had the dealer swap out the stock tires for BFG KO2's 305/55/20 on the stock 20x9 rims. No rubbing and approx 1/2" space from the upper control arm. Inked2022 Ram_LI.jpg 20220114_103420 (1).jpg

Jeremy1974

Reaction score
OP, your truck has a 1-inch lift kit from the factory to accommodate the 20's. Or at least it should, lol. Tire sizes change actual speed vs what you see on your speedo as well, if you weren't aware. The lower the Revs/Mile the greater the difference is from actual to what you see.
STOCK
275/55 R20 = 632 Revs/Mile
For example, the 3 sizes you listed:
275/60 R20 = 612 Revs/Mile
285/55 R20 = 624 Revs/Mile
285/60 R20 = 603 Revs/Mile about 3.5 MPH @ 70 MPH so you will see 70 but will really be going 73.5.

When my factory Falkens get low enough, I am thinking about going with a 305x50R20 HANKOOK DYNAPRO AT2 or like MXZ did 305x55R20 BFG KO2's. I had those on my last truck and they were amazing.

djevox

VP of Creative Thinking
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
1642177326468.gif

J/k, lol.
275/60/20 you can fit no problem. The wider size is taller and wider, so there’s a little bit of a question if you will have to do some massaging of inner fender wells with a heat gun to clear at full lock. Here’s a comparison of the two on tiresize.com. I usually take the measurements and measure myself on the actual truck before buying anything for myself or a customer/friend/etc.

9E5E3DAD-B534-44A7-B161-2313522C7BF4.png
565C7D11-1B56-4E67-8FCF-0202C7442C7A.png

ratchet74

Reaction score
MXZ - Truck looks awesome - Love the color & look with those tires - no north or other package that adds the mopar 1" lift ?

Jeremy - Yeah, played this game, 2019 I had was a North Edition & it clearly said it had the 1" lift on it, but this window sitcker did not, but all of the night editions had the 20s - I know my north was a tad higher, because I parrked ned to them & that was clearly a bit higher & came with the Falken AT3s. Dynapros look good, so do the BFGs. I am really interested in this tire as well. https://coopertire.com/en-us/find-tires/all-tires/discoverer-rugged-trek

Djevox - playes with that a lot. forgot about the 305s - at 30mm wider, I thouggt they would get close to the A-arms., but my local Belle Tire said the 305/55/20s would fit, but I was leary. Now that MXZ said they fit, I am interested again. Wish they had a comaprison with 3 or 4 sizes.

Thanks guys, I appreciate the feedback.

GrinchKing05

Reaction score
My 2019 bighorn is all stock, no ORP, spacers or lift. I put FW AT3Ws 275/60/20 and they don’t rub. Besides dropping my mpg some I’ve enjoyed the tires

MontFla

Reaction score
MXZ - Truck looks awesome - Love the color & look with those tires - no north or other package that adds the mopar 1" lift ?

Jeremy - Yeah, played this game, 2019 I had was a North Edition & it clearly said it had the 1" lift on it, but this window sitcker did not, but all of the night editions had the 20s - I know my north was a tad higher, because I parrked ned to them & that was clearly a bit higher & came with the Falken AT3s. Dynapros look good, so do the BFGs. I am really interested in this tire as well. https://coopertire.com/en-us/find-tires/all-tires/discoverer-rugged-trek

Djevox - playes with that a lot. forgot about the 305s - at 30mm wider, I thouggt they would get close to the A-arms., but my local Belle Tire said the 305/55/20s would fit, but I was leary. Now that MXZ said they fit, I am interested again. Wish they had a comaprison with 3 or 4 sizes.

Cooper tires suck

mxz

Reaction score

Thanks, it was the patriot blue that convinced me to trade in my Rebel lol. No package on this truck that adds 1" lift. I measured my 2019 Rebel height before trading it in and it was 1 inch taller than my new Sport.

NRitland2

Reaction score
Thanks, it was the patriot blue that convinced me to trade in my Rebel lol. No package on this truck that adds 1" lift. I measured my 2019 Rebel height before trading it in and it was 1 inch taller than my new Sport.
I said it before and I’ll say it again. Patriot blue is the best color on this truck

Users who are viewing this thread