5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Has Ram fixed some of the common issues with these trucks?

patriot_tech

Reaction score
Getting my new 24 limited delivered today from MARK Dodge and trading in my 2020. Has Ram fixed some of the issues with these since 2020?

Factory subwoofer sound, whistling noise, exhaust manifolds - you know them all. I'll obviously find out soon, but figured I'd see what the consensus was.

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
I don't think the factory subwoofer sound is a problem anymore. I have whistling sounds on my 22 coming from my passenger side dash with recirc on, and I know exhaust manifolds are still a problem..
If you didn't know if any were fixed why go from a 20 to a 24 lol.

Kiwiaudio

Reaction score
The booming HK subwoofer was addressed with an update. Alll the other issues the 19 through 22 guys have experienced, i fully expect too as well, as the truck ages. Im just going to plan for it to happen with an extended warranty. Ill read the fine print to ensure the backlite glass is covered when it leaks after the frame cracks, the manifolds are covered when the bolts break or the manifold cracks, the air suspension is covered when it craps out - etc etc etc :)

Cbty2050

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Ill read the fine print to ensure the backlite glass is covered when it leaks after the frame cracks
Good luck finding a service contract covering the backlite. Everything else you think will be an issue on the truck will be covered by a good service contract.

While you are add it, check to make sure they cover occupant restraint/air bag system components.

Users who are viewing this thread