5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Has anyone wrapped a limited grill?

fflis

Reaction score
I searched through some posts here and I found one person that found an Avery Vinyl that matched Ivory tricoat pretty damn close.

Wondering if anyone has color match wrapped their limited grill. I’ve seen a couple people wrapping the brow, but not the whole thing.

I always liked the sport appearance package, but I wanted the limited headlights and features.

Was thinking about wrapping the chrome white on my 19 limited, although the chrome has grown on me a bit.

2d9a534131e73453a7d0b51ce1fff945.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

fflis

Reaction score
Here’s one example from the 5th gen fb group

522bf45a54b61869ae2920b971f16691.jpg

Captain Stack

Reaction score
I'm having the upper chrome brow of my grill wrapped next Tuesday in black, along with the mirrors and window chrome. Will post pics when able after Feb 12th, 2020.

mhb1638

Reaction score
I have the exact same truck -- I was thinking of doing the night edition thing, all black front instead of white......

Abesosa

Reaction score
The nice thing for our Limited is that we just have to be patient will at least have the option to buy oem night edition limited parts.... but the more I wait the more the chrome does grow on me as well... going to change mirror caps first to color match and then take it from there . Just need to know which direction I’m going before I spend money on wheels.

2019 Ram 1500 Limited Granite Crystal 4x4 with Off-Road Group and air ride
20% Cermanic Tint
USA Flag Decal on rear 5th Window
Xpel Door Edge and door handle Protection

Abesosa

Reaction score
Buuuuut then a raptor passes me on the road with zero chrome and I become
Anti chrome faster than the needle on my gas tank drops with 3.92 gears lol

20% Cermanic Tint

fflis

Reaction score
The nice thing for our Limited is that we just have to be patient will at least have the option to buy oem night edition limited parts.... but the more I wait the more the chrome does grow on me as well... going to change mirror caps first to color match and then take it from there . Just need to know which direction I’m going before I spend money on wheels.

20% Cermanic Tint

I’m really not a huge fan of the night edition stuff. Idk maybe it’s just me.

mhb1638

Reaction score

20% Cermanic Tint
I did the mirror caps and love the look.

Captain Stack

Reaction score
I had the grill, mirrors and window surround all chrome deleted with black metallic 3M vinyl. Wow. I like the look. I struggled with whether or not to vinyl the center RAM grill surround, but decided to do it and I am happy that I did because it makes the headlights look KAPOW! IMG_4676.jpeg IMG_4677.jpeg

Abesosa

Reaction score
I had the grill, mirrors and window surround all chrome deleted with black metallic 3M vinyl. Wow. I like the look. I struggled with whether or not to vinyl the center RAM grill surround, but decided to do it and I am happy that I did because it makes the headlights look KAPOW! View attachment 46500 View attachment 46501

Damn that’s nice!!! Going to be hard to find a way to color match wrap mine :/

20% Cermanic Tint

Scott_65

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I had the grill, mirrors and window surround all chrome deleted with black metallic 3M vinyl. Wow. I like the look. I struggled with whether or not to vinyl the center RAM grill surround, but decided to do it and I am happy that I did because it makes the headlights look KAPOW! View attachment 46500 View attachment 46501
That looks really good, I made an appointment a while back with my tint guy to do the same but he said that he’d rather see me have it painted and referred me to a body shop guy. I’ve yet to make an appointment but hopefully soon after seeing yours.

Midnight1988

Reaction score
Ah there was an update to the ivory vinyl thread. I’m not sure I like it now on the limited lol. Here’s the pics

d091279e0d1d1865e8e3ca83e87d87fd.jpg
e8522450ed5863e9f67b0e5790ca6bc5.jpg
7fa22056a72c95cf7ac71f160157af64.jpg

the amber lights you have in the grille. Are those OEM or would you mind sharing where you got them? Are they a pain to install?

pensfan

Reaction score
I had the grill, mirrors and window surround all chrome deleted with black metallic 3M vinyl. Wow. I like the look. I struggled with whether or not to vinyl the center RAM grill surround, but decided to do it and I am happy that I did because it makes the headlights look KAPOW! View attachment 46500
Looks way better than all the chrome these trucks come with.
The grill was designed with too many parts. If it didn't have the brow assembly, the truck would look much cleaner and be easier to mod, like the Classic. Grill inserts can be readily swapped out in minutes on the Classic.

VaBeachRam

Reaction score

I'm assuming you have the diamond black crystal color? How close is that match? Looks good from pics

Captain Stack

Reaction score
I'm assuming you have the diamond black crystal color? How close is that match? Looks good from pics
Yes, it is diamond black crystal color. We just matched it with the 3M product that looked the closest and it is really, really close.

Users who are viewing this thread