5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Has anyone used the Mopar Seat Covers?

Scryed

Reaction score
I am looking to purchase some seat covers for my new Ram truck that I just purchased. Previously I bought the mopar seat covers for my 2009 Wrangler and they worked fine. Unfortunately I have not found any reviews or pictures online on these covers. Before I buy anything I always like to see some type of review. Especially if i'm spending more than a hundred bucks.

Does anyone have any review or pictures on how they fit, quality and overall functionality? I don't want to spend 500 bucks to end up having buyers remorse.

I attached a link to the part number for reference.

Last edited:

JbVt

Reaction score
Second this! I've been looking everywhere for any first hand information, good or bad, on these and can't find any.

John706

Reaction score
Does anyone have any review or pictures on how they fit, quality and overall functionality? I don't want to spend 500 bucks to end up having buyers remorse.

Ok fellas, I found this thread looking for reviews and because of the scarcity of info I decided to buy and comment here. I'm not a writer and no tldr.

Mine are slightly different, part 82215463 for my 2021 Limited. The factory leather seats are beautiful but they need some protection, in the 3 months I've had the truck I've slightly scuffed the drivers seat already from my phone in my left rear pants pocket.

I've never installed seat covers before so I didn't know what to expect. The covers are decently nice, they have an almost leather like appearance but are tightly woven of some synthetic material that's been treated to be water repellent or resistant. I don't know if it's neoprene, I have none to compare it to. Not very thick but it will definitely protect your seats from scuffs and spills.

The instructions are a joke - literally no words just hand drawn sketches of what you're supposed to do. It isn't rocket surgery so I did figure it out, but found it was easier to change the order of the steps.

There were 4 pieces in the box - the front seats are one piece each and 2 head rest covers. No console cover in this kit. There is a flap like piece that goes rearward between the seat bottom and backrest. It has 3 strong straps to pull it through, you will need to get in the back and use some kind of hook to grab the straps and pull the flap through the seat to the rear where you can attach it to a metal brace at the bottom of the back of the seat. This was step 4 or 5 but I found it to be best done at the beginning. Beware the metal brace bar it's inconveniently located and the edges are as sharp as a razor. Once I stopped bleeding I hooked a smooth metal covid door key to the straps and sent that through the seat to the back, got in the back and pulled it through using the key handle. First one was a ***** as I was discovering all of this, the 2nd went quickly.

One elastic strap with plastic hook on each side of the backrest to secure the front of the cover to the rear of the cover. I managed to pull one of the side straps out of the stitching, so be gentle with those. 3 elastic straps with plastic hooks to secure the front of the cover underneath the seat but my seat doesn't have all the holes in the metal seat frame underneath that the oh-so-clear hand drawn sketches showed should be there. I made do as best I could and it works.

On the seat pass through thing - my limited has a carpet flap that hides things in the back and bottom of the front seat, you have to unlatch and lift the carpet flap to access things and pull those pesky straps from my step one. The rear of the seat cover has tucks in the corners so the seat cover goes all the way down the back of the seat when the flap is down (do that part last).

All in all I consider them a decent value but not great. The shaping of the covers make them fit to the seats pretty well but there isn't as much side coverage as I would like. The side strap that pulled out was a bummer and makes me a little worried but other stitching seemed pretty solid. Vague directions were frustrating to a noob.

Last of all I also got the rear seat covers, part 82215474 for the 60/40 crew cab. 7 pieces in this box and at first I liked these because seat bottom and backrest are separate pieces, plus 2 headrests and a console cover (why rear but not front?!). But if you have a limited this is NOT the correct part, dealer verified before I ordered but they will not work. There is a cutout for the fold down rear console. However the cutout - and that darn cover - are far far too small for the actual console. Can't fold the console down or it will try to take off the cover from the rest of the seat back on that side. I guess regular crew cab vs limited cab there is a difference in the console size. Even if I had the right part I am not sure you can install the rear covers without removing the rear seats. Shoving the velcro flaps (especially the ones between the backrest and seat) with the carpet grabbing at it... Well, I don't think a human can do it but maybe I was just too frustrated.

Hoping I can exchange or refund the rears at the dealer. Didn't take pics during installation, my bad. I have some after pics if anyone wants to see but this is already long.

D-dub

Reaction score
I have the Mopar seat covers as well. They are not made of a breathable material. They will however keep water and stains off the seats. Overall fit and finish was good. The side coverage could have been better. Screenshot_20210625-015027.jpg Screenshot_20210625-015044.jpg Screenshot_20210625-015054.jpg Screenshot_20210625-015103.jpg

Last edited:

Dame

Reaction score
I've been searching for info like this for days on other forums just joined here today, so glad I did. I almost pulled the trigger on the Mopar covers yesterday, and glad I didn't.
I did not notice on the Mopar site photos that there was no side coverage, deal breaker for me especially at that price around $500 for front and back, I just checked the Clazzio website, seems they are $600-$700, for full cover leather, had them in my 4th Gen and loved them.
Wondering if anyone has installed Clazzios on a 5th Gen yet, any photos?

Last edited:

Scryed

Reaction score
I have the Mopar seat covers as well. They are not made of a breathable material. They will however keep water and stains off the seats. Overall fit and finish was good. The side coverage could have been better. View attachment 97914 View attachment 97915 View attachment 97916 View attachment 97917
Thank you. On the website it look like it didn't have any side covering. Thanks to you now I know and unfortunately I think is a deal breaker. The Mopar cover I had for my Wrangler 2009 covered everything. Granted no side air bag but still. I appreciate the post.

Scryed

Reaction score
Ok fellas, I found this thread looking for reviews and because of the scarcity of info I decided to buy and comment here. I'm not a writer and no tldr.

Mine are slightly different, part 82215463 for my 2021 Limited. The factory leather seats are beautiful but they need some protection, in the 3 months I've had the truck I've slightly scuffed the drivers seat already from my phone in my left rear pants pocket.

I've never installed seat covers before so I didn't know what to expect. The covers are decently nice, they have an almost leather like appearance but are tightly woven of some synthetic material that's been treated to be water repellent or resistant. I don't know if it's neoprene, I have none to compare it to. Not very thick but it will definitely protect your seats from scuffs and spills.

The instructions are a joke - literally no words just hand drawn sketches of what you're supposed to do. It isn't rocket surgery so I did figure it out, but found it was easier to change the order of the steps.

There were 4 pieces in the box - the front seats are one piece each and 2 head rest covers. No console cover in this kit. There is a flap like piece that goes rearward between the seat bottom and backrest. It has 3 strong straps to pull it through, you will need to get in the back and use some kind of hook to grab the straps and pull the flap through the seat to the rear where you can attach it to a metal brace at the bottom of the back of the seat. This was step 4 or 5 but I found it to be best done at the beginning. Beware the metal brace bar it's inconveniently located and the edges are as sharp as a razor. Once I stopped bleeding I hooked a smooth metal covid door key to the straps and sent that through the seat to the back, got in the back and pulled it through using the key handle. First one was a ***** as I was discovering all of this, the 2nd went quickly.

One elastic strap with plastic hook on each side of the backrest to secure the front of the cover to the rear of the cover. I managed to pull one of the side straps out of the stitching, so be gentle with those. 3 elastic straps with plastic hooks to secure the front of the cover underneath the seat but my seat doesn't have all the holes in the metal seat frame underneath that the oh-so-clear hand drawn sketches showed should be there. I made do as best I could and it works.

On the seat pass through thing - my limited has a carpet flap that hides things in the back and bottom of the front seat, you have to unlatch and lift the carpet flap to access things and pull those pesky straps from my step one. The rear of the seat cover has tucks in the corners so the seat cover goes all the way down the back of the seat when the flap is down (do that part last).

All in all I consider them a decent value but not great. The shaping of the covers make them fit to the seats pretty well but there isn't as much side coverage as I would like. The side strap that pulled out was a bummer and makes me a little worried but other stitching seemed pretty solid. Vague directions were frustrating to a noob.

Last of all I also got the rear seat covers, part 82215474 for the 60/40 crew cab. 7 pieces in this box and at first I liked these because seat bottom and backrest are separate pieces, plus 2 headrests and a console cover (why rear but not front?!). But if you have a limited this is NOT the correct part, dealer verified before I ordered but they will not work. There is a cutout for the fold down rear console. However the cutout - and that darn cover - are far far too small for the actual console. Can't fold the console down or it will try to take off the cover from the rest of the seat back on that side. I guess regular crew cab vs limited cab there is a difference in the console size. Even if I had the right part I am not sure you can install the rear covers without removing the rear seats. Shoving the velcro flaps (especially the ones between the backrest and seat) with the carpet grabbing at it... Well, I don't think a human can do it but maybe I was just too frustrated.

Hoping I can exchange or refund the rears at the dealer. Didn't take pics during installation, my bad. I have some after pics if anyone wants to see but this is already long.
Thanks for the post. I think I will probably end up getting a fitted seat cover from carid. It's around the same price. Were you able to get your refund?

John706

Reaction score
Actually I just left the dealer this morning. I waited on this because I didn't think they would take them back, special order parts and all. Parts guy verified my part number by VIN but when I explained the situation he got on the phone and made some calls. My truck has the reclining rear seats and turns out they don't even make covers for those. He did offer a refund bc of the situation but I'd rather have the wrong ones than none or a set that doesn't match. Frustrating to say the least. So beware folks, if you have the reclining rears don't order 82215474. The only upside was my dealer did offer the refund. Love my truck and like the dealer (shout to Countryside in Madison GA) but I would not order these again.

Jmmoore3

Reaction score
Clazzio. I have installed in my last 3 trucks. Excellent quality and fit and hold up extremely well.
they usually run a %10 off deal, just ask.

Attachments

• 7A78B0C8-3637-486E-A999-B4832F920BB0.jpeg
    7A78B0C8-3637-486E-A999-B4832F920BB0.jpeg
    103.2 KB · Views: 115
  • A021CFA0-D553-4A7A-AC24-DCC03E76B32D.jpeg
    A021CFA0-D553-4A7A-AC24-DCC03E76B32D.jpeg
    101.5 KB · Views: 112
  • A170CE49-E9ED-4C05-BA18-3041C603CA02.jpeg
    A170CE49-E9ED-4C05-BA18-3041C603CA02.jpeg
    96.9 KB · Views: 108

Shots

Ram Guru
Reaction score
@Jmmoore3 How do your seat warmers feel with these? Can you still feel the lowest setting? Clazzio says they have 15mm of foam which I'm concerned will reduce/eliminate the effectiveness of the warmers. Likewise, do you notice that extra foam in regards to how the seat feels (comfort vs stock)?

Users who are viewing this thread