5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Has anyone used clip on mirror extensions?

armysgt1

Reaction score
I have a 2020 limited and do not have tow mirrors. Was just wondering if anybody has used these and how they perform. K Source makes some for the new Ram (part number 80730) but I am worried about potential scratching of the chrome on the mirrors but I suppose maybe some electrical tape in between would help? Any thoughts?

ncgrl1

Reaction score
I have them but my truck is a Rebel, so my mirrors are black. I have had factory tow mirrors on my previous Ram trucks and they are great. I would have put them on this one if they were heated. I don't understand their thinking???
The clip-ons are a far cry from the factory tow mirrors. I guess I could summarize it as "you get what you pay for". They do help somewhat, but nowhere near the factory tows. I don't think they would scratch, but can't guarantee that. They have a peice of foam stuck on the inside to help with that. I don't think I would purchase again. Having said that, if you haven't had the factory mirrors before, you may think they work fine.

Moe1962

Reaction score
I bought a pair right after I bought my travel trailer. They worked, but takes a second person to get the mirror adjusted correctly (the passenger side anyway) . It snaps on easily, but taking it off, I was worried I would damage something, it didn't. After my first trip camping, I decided that I didn't need them, so, they sit in my garage in the sleeve they came in. I don't have chrome mirrors, so not sure if the would scratch or not.

Jus Cruisin

Ram Guru
Reaction score
K-source might have extensions. I had CIPA on my 2016 F150 Limited and there was never any marks left on the mirrors. K-source was similar and never damaged mirrors either.

Users who are viewing this thread