5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Has anyone upgraded their headlights to these?

Nozzleman

Reaction score
Both of these look like the stock LED lights, which is what I want. I just want to make sure that their bright and work well. Thanks for any suggestions or assistance.

s-l1600.jpg

Finn5033

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I don’t know anyone who’s tried them either. The seller has 100% positive feedback which is a good sign. I ended up buying a barely used set of the OEM lights from another member here for $800. If I hadn’t found that deal I would have probably given these a try. They are a lot cheaper than the OEM ones, but they aren’t cheap either. You should be able to tell before you install them if they seam like a quality item or not.

NorthStar

Ram Guru
Reaction score
My concern would be the statement in their ad:
  • Installation requires taking out the stock bumper. Professional installation is highly recommended
Typically, replacement requires removal of the grill and the front facia under each stock headlight but not the bumper.

Finn5033

Ram Guru
Reaction score
My concern would be the statement in their ad:
  • Installation requires taking out the stock bumper. Professional installation is highly recommended
Typically, replacement requires removal of the grill and the front facia under each stock headlight but not the bumper.
Yeah you have to wonder if that is even correct. There is no reason you should have to remove the bumper to install them.

davidn0021

Reaction score
There are YT videos on swapping headlights. It really isn't that difficult, actually. The wiring part might be a bit more involved if going from halogens to LEDs.

Code2medic

Reaction score
What’s the reasoning for want other headlights?
Cool kid factor or function? It’s be better just to update the lighting to led in the factory lights.... more aftermarket tens to fade, turn yellow leak etc. not to mention throw errors on the canbus

Neurobit

RAM Sorcerer
Reaction score
My concern for anyone that buys this is the 100% positive feedback.
C’mon. We all know that there’s no way any product, I don’t care how good, can achieve 100% on hundreds of reviews. Highly suspect.

Cheers,

Code2medic

Reaction score
My concern for anyone that buys this is the 100% positive feedback.
C’mon. We all know that there’s no way any product, I don’t care how good, can achieve 100% on hundreds of reviews. Highly suspect.

Cheers,
^^^ I’m with him reviews online are usually put up there by the sellers common practice on Amazon to pay people who purchase them to leave positive reviews.
I ignore reviews like I ignore the honey do list the women has that never seems to end of get shorter

NorthStar

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Like so much crap sold on the internet these days, these are made in China with very little or no warranty.

The first ones listed by the OP from eBay have a 30 day money back guarantee and then a very short 60 day warranty period. They are shipped from Arcadia, California but originate from Hong Kong (as indicated in their eBay store but not on the ad) but God knows where they are manufactured. And both the guarantee and warranty require you to pay shipping back to the seller and the only refund you will receive is the amount of the goods...not the shipping both ways even if their product was defective. So you'd be buying Chinese made crap with a very short money back guarantee period and a 60 day warranty. Seems like the buyer is assuming all this risk for something that may or may not work out especially if they fail (condensation inside the lens, bad LEDs, poor construction, etc.) in six months or a year.

As for the second set posted from Amazon and sold as VLAND from Yuanzheng, these are made from a company located at Room B, 10th Floor, Li Mei Building, 788-790 Nathan Road, Mong Kok, Hong Kong. They have a 30 day return policy and then you're stuck as they have zero warranty on them. VLAND actually sells these on their own website where you can see their return policy at RETURN POLICY – VLAND (vlandmotor.com).

Bottom line - We all spent at least $35,000 to $60,000 on a new Ram with a warranty. Purchasing cheap *** made in China junk with damned little or no warranty for something as critical as headlights is penny wise and pound foolish. Yes, many of us have purchased LASFIT LEDs (or other brands) to replace our halogen bulbs with LED and most are made in China but the cost is a fraction of the price of these headlight assemblies. However, LASFIT has at least a one year warranty and two years on many products but these headlight assemblies from China have virtually no warranty. Personally, I would keep looking...

Neurobit

RAM Sorcerer
Reaction score
Like so much crap sold on the internet these days, these are made in China with very little or no warranty.

The first ones listed by the OP from eBay have a 30 day money back guarantee and then a very short 60 day warranty period. They are shipped from Arcadia, California but originate from Hong Kong (as indicated in their eBay store but not on the ad) but God knows where they are manufactured. And both the guarantee and warranty require you to pay shipping back to the seller and the only refund you will receive is the amount of the goods...not the shipping both ways even if their product was defective. So you'd be buying Chinese made crap with a very short money back guarantee period and a 60 day warranty. Seems like the buyer is assuming all this risk for something that may or may not work out especially if they fail (condensation inside the lens, bad LEDs, poor construction, etc.) in six months or a year.

As for the second set posted from Amazon and sold as VLAND from Yuanzheng, these are made from a company located at Room B, 10th Floor, Li Mei Building, 788-790 Nathan Road, Mong Kok, Hong Kong. They have a 30 day return policy and then you're stuck as they have zero warranty on them. VLAND actually sells these on their own website where you can see their return policy at RETURN POLICY – VLAND (vlandmotor.com).

Bottom line - We all spent at least $35,000 to $60,000 on a new Ram with a warranty. Purchasing cheap *** made in China junk with damned little or no warranty for something as critical as headlights is penny wise and pound foolish. Yes, many of us have purchased LASFIT LEDs (or other brands) to replace our halogen bulbs with LED and most are made in China but the cost is a fraction of the price of these headlight assemblies. However, LASFIT has at least a one year warranty and two years on many products but these headlight assemblies from China have virtually no warranty. Personally, I would keep looking...
Absolutely, positively, 100% on target. Couldn’t have said it better myself.

Cheers,

moosem

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Where did you get the OEMs from and how much?
I got the heads/tails at BAM Wholesale..

I got the adaptor harness at retro shop.

..and I bought morimoto xb fog lights at retrofit source.

For everything it came in right around $2000

Xoexpireu

Reaction score
I got the heads/tails at BAM Wholesale..

I got the adaptor harness at retro shop.

..and I bought morimoto xb fog lights at retrofit source.

For everything it came in right around $2000
Can u confirm part number used for healights? Im about to order want to make sure i have correct ones none of them on site say led lol im picking them out by price

moosem

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Can u confirm part number used for healights? Im about to order want to make sure i have correct ones none of them on site say led lol im picking them out by price
These are the P/N’s for the mid level LED housings without blind spot monitoring, cross path, etc.

LED headlights (black bezels):

Left - 68316089AG

Right - 68316088AG

Tail Lights (black trim):

Left - 55112993AD

Right - 55112992AD

Users who are viewing this thread