5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Has anyone upgraded the 120vac system?

Frozenwater

Reaction score
Have a 20 sport, the ac outlets are pathetic for the power they provide...

Before I start trying to dig up the wiring, finding out where the inverter is, what the wire gauge can handle etc. I was curious if anyone's done it yet?

Also, I hate Ford, but the fact they put a plug in the bed appeals too me.

Thoughts anyone?

Thanks

Malodave

Ram Guru
Reaction score
The Inverter is located behind the Radio in the Center Stack.

I want to add a Second Battery in the Bed with a Pure Sine Wave Inverter
to run a Computer/TV or other things that need that type of output. I have
a Bed Cap on a 6'-4" Bed. I will also have a 72 Gallon Aux Fuel Tank in there as well.

Malodave

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score
I'm just spit balling here, but if I needed more power I'd just add another inverter and keep it separate from the OEM system. I seriously doubt the existing wiring is rated for anything higher than what the system is rated for from the factory. So you'd have to strip out the existing wiring and inverter and replace it. You could mount the new inverter wherever you would like, run your own wiring to the bed, and install outlets wherever it's convenient for you.

Frozenwater

Reaction score
I'm just spit balling here, but if I needed more power I'd just add another inverter and keep it separate from the OEM system. I seriously doubt the existing wiring is rated for anything higher than what the system is rated for from the factory. So you'd have to strip out the existing wiring and inverter and replace it. You could mount the new inverter wherever you would like, run your own wiring to the bed, and install outlets wherever it's convenient for you.
Ya, I'm thinking the same. May just look to mount another one somewhere.

Users who are viewing this thread