5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Has anyone run a blender off the Inverter?

Drewster

Reaction score
I'm looking at getting a cheap blender so we can make margaritas, etc. at the track and it's right at 400W (BL2010BP). Has anyone run any blenders, power tools, etc. off the inverter? My main concern is whether it has enough inrush current to kick the motor over

CJR28

Reaction score
So far ive run my dremel, blown up an air mattress for camping, And keep my power tool batteries charged. For some reason it will not run a hair dryer? I was trying to smooth out decals and i had to run a cord to the house. I do keep an extension cord in the rambox JIC. Ill have to try the blender.

Reaction score
Welp, I had a 2012 2500 before I bought my 2020 1500 and I'm not sure what size the inverter was but it would spin up margaritas on gravel backroad adventures. It was like small bullet like blender.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

evanxrs

Reaction score
Anyone ever considered or has a ceramic coating on their vehicle.
I have a 2019 Ram Rebel in Black and would look great with it I am thinking.

Sent from my SM-G970W using Tapatalk

Desert Dawg

Reaction score
I'm looking at getting a cheap blender so we can make margaritas, etc. at the track and it's right at 400W (BL2010BP). Has anyone run any blenders, power tools, etc. off the inverter? My main concern is whether it has enough inrush current to kick the motor over

Loved the Margarita idea so went out to test mine...lol. First, I tried just using the ACC and the blender turned for a second but quit working soon after. Then I tried with the engine running and the blender worked just fine under full power!

Blenders and power inverters (original topic)

to

Ceramic coatings.

Interesting.

lol...yeah, I had to reread that post twice to see if I missed something.

CJR28

Reaction score
Can confirm that a blender works. Tried mine out with the engine running and it worked just fine(neighbors probably thought i was nuts). Only if the hair dryer would work, would save me from complaints from a certain someone while on camping trips :censored:

Drewster

Reaction score
So far ive run my dremel, blown up an air mattress for camping, And keep my power tool batteries charged. For some reason it will not run a hair dryer? I was trying to smooth out decals and i had to run a cord to the house. I do keep an extension cord in the rambox JIC. Ill have to try the blender.
Yeah, hair dryers are 800-1500 watts - a little over the 400W limit :)

Loved the Margarita idea so went out to test mine...lol. First, I tried just using the ACC and the blender turned for a second but quit working soon after. Then I tried with the engine running and the blender worked just fine under full power!
lol...yeah, I had to reread that post twice to see if I missed something.
Awesome! Blender ordered :)
giphy.gif

Aseras

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Motor loads like a blender use a much higher peak draw on startup than under load. If it says 400w, I'd suggest hooking one up to a kill-a-watt and measuring it directly and also knowing where the fuse is if you pop it.

Mr. Hindsight

Reaction score
I can’t even get my little 5 gallon shop vac to work with the inventor in acc or engine running.

Zig10

Reaction score
I ran a random orbit buffer off of mine when the electricity at the marina conked out halfway through waxing my boat. It was a lifesaver...or a least a shoulder and arm saver.

BoudinBall

Reaction score
Don't know about a blender, but I tried running a fridge while my power was out from Hurricane Delta. Yeah, that didn't work so well. :LOL:

NorthStar

Ram Guru
Reaction score
No mystery here...ceramic coating for those times when you used the blender to make a batch of margaritas, then yer buddy had a little too much and erp'd on the side of your shiny new Ram. Gotta protect the paint!

Wildlash

Reaction score
Has anyone of you tried using a cordless blender? I heard that they are super easy to handle, and are perfect for trips. However, is it powerful enough for blending nuts and vegetables? I've already got used to my Blendtec blender, but as I travel a lot, I'm looking for a battery operated or a portable one. I would be grateful if you could recommend me something similar to this one blenderjournal.com. It should be recharchable and have thick blades, so that the final outcome won't contain chunks of unblended ingredients. Thank you in advance!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/

Members online