5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Has anyone removed the factory flares

Stew81

Reaction score
I'm thinking about taking these off. It doesn't line up with the bumper and it makes the wheels look even more tucked in. Has anyone else removed these? Are there any holes behind them that I might uncover? I'm assuming they are just screwed inside the fender well and attached to the truck with body tape.
flare 2.jpg
flare 1.jpg

HeliPilot

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Pretty positive there are holes in the fender as well. Read a post about that specific question a few months ago.

I just looked at some pics posted on Ebay of factory flares...the fenders definitely have holes in them

Last edited:

mike12193

Reaction score
Yup holes behind there.
94a39f8e781067d86cfdf19c30bb5f61.jpg
ab5d9d83918c4b4c2ef243c12bfb2a21.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Caballonegro

Reaction score
They look way better on.....have you thought about some 1.5 inch spacers?

Stew81

Reaction score
They look way better on.....have you thought about some 1.5 inch spacers?

I've thought about them but then I start reading about them and pull back a little. From what I've read, you are okay if you go with high quality spacers like Bora spacers. Then I've read comments where people say that Discount Tire won't rotate your tires if you have spacers... I need to ask the guys at my Discount about that one since I will rotate pretty regularly after I level it and throw some bigger tires on.

Firebird

Reaction score
I've thought about them but then I start reading about them and pull back a little. From what I've read, you are okay if you go with high quality spacers like Bora spacers. Then I've read comments where people say that Discount Tire won't rotate your tires if you have spacers... I need to ask the guys at my Discount about that one since I will rotate pretty regularly after I level it and throw some bigger tires on.

I had spacers on my Jeep, and Discount tire never had an issue rotating my tires.

Stew81

Reaction score
I had spacers on my Jeep, and Discount tire never had an issue rotating my tires.

Good to know. I like the way they look. There is a guy on Youtube (Doowork I think?). He has a 2019 Ram w/ level and 33" KO2 tires. He added 2" spacers to his truck and it looked really good with the stock wheels. I think that's the look I'm going for.

z0n3

Ram Guru
Reaction score
IF you plan on putting bigger tires on you could always switch to a more negative offset rim and get the tires to line up with the edge of the flares or poke out past them. Obviously costs more money though.

Stew81

Reaction score
IF you plan on putting bigger tires on you could always switch to a more negative offset rim and get the tires to line up with the edge of the flares or poke out past them. Obviously costs more money though.

Its an option but I'm not really into aftermarket wheels on my trucks. I like the way a lot of them look on this site but its not my thing. I guess I like the "stock plus" look? I'm not sure what to call it. Mostly factory accessories, factory wheels, leveled, bigger tires, and thats about it. I'll probably go the spacer route.

Krootz

Reaction score
I had 1.5 wheel spacers on my last truck and went to discount tire for my duratracs. They rotated my tires and even checked to make sure my spacers were torqued.

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/

Members online