5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Has anyone recalibrated the speedometer on a 2021

AirheadAddiction

Reaction score
Hello all,
I recently purchased and then lifted my Ram 1500 Bighorn to accommodate 34" x 11.5" Ridge Grapplers. I understand that RAM updated the software in 2021 and I can not seem to find anything online to purchase that will correct the speedo. If anyone has found a product or solution to correct please let me know.

Morenar

Reaction score
There are several post on recalibration. Several folks go the dealer route and have them recalibrate it for a one time recalibration fee of $125-$150. Some others have used AlfaOBD or Hypertech but have had to stay under 35in tires if not those that have parksense start having problems with it giving an alert.

RGrant27

Reaction score
I used the Rough Country on my 2021 Built to Serve just this past sunday...Worked great! I noticed a big difference in MPG and shift points

Condor757

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I did it at my dealer, as I don’t have Alfa obd. $150 to go up a tire size

Scram1500

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I used a Hypertech, quick and simple. Also reads body codes that my OBD scanner cannot access. Downside is having to "un-marry" or return to stock before bringing the truck in for service. These devices usually mention this in the instructions. Some dealerships will give you a hard time if they find altered settings

AirheadAddiction

Reaction score
I used the Rough Country on my 2021 Built to Serve just this past sunday...Worked great! I noticed a big difference in MPG and shift points
Did you use the in-line speedometer calibrator? If so, how bad was it to remove all the panels to remove the instrument cluster?

RGrant27

Reaction score
Did you use the in-line speedometer calibrator? If so, how bad was it to remove all the panels to remove the instrument cluster?
No it was not the Inline version. I bought it off here actually, model #90019
Entire Process took under 10 minutes, I just laid on my back on drivers side and reached my hand up to connect the cable. I didn't remove any dash panels

1625848130473.png

Pyleketerson

Reaction score
No it was not the Inline version. I bought it off here actually, model #90019
Entire Process took under 10 minutes, I just laid on my back on drivers side and reached my hand up to connect the cable. I didn't remove any dash panels

View attachment 99270
Nice. I purchased the same model number, but have yet to use it. I have to a) borrow a PC laptop since I have a Mac and b) figure out the fuses to unplug per the instructions. Does that sound correct? Sounds like it was easy for you.

AirheadAddiction

Reaction score
Thanks for all the reply's. I installed a Hyper Tech in-line and it did work however I would not recommend it,
It was traumatizing removing all the panels and center screen that had to come out in order to remove the gauges.
Wish I knew the Rough Country worked on the 2021 a day before I ordered the in-line.

RGrant27

Reaction score
Nice. I purchased the same model number, but have yet to use it. I have to a) borrow a PC laptop since I have a Mac and b) figure out the fuses to unplug per the instructions. Does that sound correct? Sounds like it was easy for you.
I actually didn't pull any fuses. Wondering if I should have? lol Everything seems good to go though. The online update of the RC unit itself was quick and easy also. Using my PC running windows 10

Biggiehorn

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I purchased the Rough Country #90019 for my 2021 and did the recalibration yesterday evening. I went from my factory tire size up to 35's. It was such a simple process. I also did not need to remove any fuses although the directions say you may need to. Rough Country is the way to go! I immediately noticed a huge difference in shift points, and the fuel economy reading on the dash. The speedometer is spot on and the truck just feels better to drive now overall.

Just wanted to add my 2 cents to confirm what others have already stated as there still seems to be some uncertainty about the Rough Country tool working with 2021 models. FWIW, I do not have park assist on my truck as I know many are saying that Park Assist does not play nice with the recalibration units.

Last edited:

JonG1968

Reaction score
I purchased the Rough Country #90019 for my 2021 and did the recalibration yesterday evening. I went from my factory tire size up to 35's. It was such a simple process. I also did not need to remove any fuses although the directions say you may need to. Rough Country is the way to go! I immediately noticed a huge difference in shift points, and the fuel economy reading on the dash. The speedometer is spot on and the truck just feels better to drive now overall.

Just wanted to add my 2 cents to confirm what others have already stated as there still seems to be some uncertainty about the Rough Country tool working with 2021 models. FWIW, I do not have park assist on my truck as I know many are saying that Park Assist does not play nice with the recalibration units.
I just bought the 90019 but there are no instructions with it. Does anyone know if they are posted somewhere? Or can someone post them so I can get my calibration done? Thx for any advice.

JonG1968

Reaction score
Does anyone know if the instructions for the Rough Country 90019 are available somewhere? I just received mine yesterday and there are no instructions.

djevox

VP of Creative Thinking
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Does anyone know if the instructions for the Rough Country 90019 are available somewhere? I just received mine yesterday and there are no instructions.
The 90019 is listed for a wrangler, and the ram is a 90047T.

Here’s instructions. They are all on the rough country site in the product listing.

Biggiehorn

Ram Guru
Reaction score
The 90019 is listed for a wrangler, and the ram is a 90047T.

Here’s instructions. They are all on the rough country site in the product listing.

they changed the listing I believe… I posted in a couple other threads on this already, but 90019 worked just fine for me. Instructions aren’t really necessary as they walk you through step by step right on the module. Here was a video I made just to show that the part number worked on mine since Rough Country has created so much confusion around it.

Users who are viewing this thread