5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Has anyone installed the flow master fx?

Ccroce

Reaction score
I haven't heard the direct fit so I can't compare to what I have. I can tell you it isn't super loud. Slight increase over stock. At highway speeds I don't hear it. When I jump on it I notice a better sound vs. stock. Almost wish it were a touch louder though.
Here is the direct fit. I had it welded on by a local muffler shop though. Sounds awesome, but it already has a significant amount of surface rust on it from just a few months of its first Northeast winter. I’ll see if I can find a video of the revvs later. I agree that it’s just the right amount of loud and I’ve gotten a ton of compliments on it. Very disappointed with the rust though, and the vibrations are making the brake pad clip chirp louder than it was before (there are other posts on this forum about the brake pad clip chirp). I’m taking it in Wednesday to have them address the clip chirp and I hope they don’t give me a hard time with the muffler.

RTDDTF

Reaction score
I have had the flow FX for about 4 months and just did the B2Fab resonator delete. All i can say is....holy hell.... I would estimate it got between 50-75% louder when on the gas hard. Still fairly quiet putting around easy, more rumble at idle/parking lot speeds, but when you step on it...it actually gets pretty darn loud. I would consider the flow Fx by itself a "quiet" option, deleting the resonators made it "medium" loud. I'm actually amazed how much louder it got, i think its every bit as much of a change as going from stock to flow FX. Needless to say I love it, and I actually think the MDS got less noticeable somehow. But if you like the Flow FX being quiet... deleting the resonators put mine fairly into the "noticeably loud" category.

I always thought the Flow FX sounded good just quiet, after resonator delete I can actually hear the sound coming out behind the truck, before it was just kind of this muted sound in the middle of the truck. You can tell you're pumping out some volume behind the truck now.

Any problems with drone?

Nikka

Reaction score
I have had the flow FX for about 4 months and just did the B2Fab resonator delete. All i can say is....holy hell.... I would estimate it got between 50-75% louder when on the gas hard. Still fairly quiet putting around easy, more rumble at idle/parking lot speeds, but when you step on it...it actually gets pretty darn loud. I would consider the flow Fx by itself a "quiet" option, deleting the resonators made it "medium" loud. I'm actually amazed how much louder it got, i think its every bit as much of a change as going from stock to flow FX. Needless to say I love it, and I actually think the MDS got less noticeable somehow. But if you like the Flow FX being quiet... deleting the resonators put mine fairly into the "noticeably loud" category.

I always thought the Flow FX sounded good just quiet, after resonator delete I can actually hear the sound coming out behind the truck, before it was just kind of this muted sound in the middle of the truck. You can tell you're pumping out some volume behind the truck now.
Just installed the FX and was thinking of taking the resonators out, just worried about the drone as I drive quite a bit. Did the drone get any louder once you took the resonators out?

Users who are viewing this thread