5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

has anyone had any of this completed?

bigdodge

Happy Ram Owner
Reaction score
Dodge Announces New Vehicle Theft-protection Measures - 8/12/2021 9:21 PM

** Enhanced Security Valet Mode **

Beginning Monday, August 16, the system will be available on request at Dodge dealers as a flash software upgrade, free of charge for 2021. Earlier this year, the Dodge brand announced plans to launch the Enhanced Security Mode, which replaces the standard Valet Mode.

When engaged with a 4-digit code in the radio head unit, this software keeps the engine at idle speed, limiting the output to just 2.8 horsepower. With less than 3 horsepower, thieves won’t be able to take off with the car even if they have a key.

** Key Programming Lockdown **

Rolling out at the beginning of Q1 2022. This prevents thieves from programming new key fobs after breaking into a vehicle. High tech thieves access the vehicle’s electrical system to program a new key. To put a stop to this, Dodge has developed the Key Programming Lockdown. As the name suggests, this locks the in-car portion of the key system, preventing thieves from creating a new key fob while allowing owners to retain all normal functions, which sounds like the perfect means of making these cars more secure. If you have the lockdown performed, you will no longer be able to have a new key made unless you buy a new module. The module lists for $159, so if you lose all of your keys, you will need to buy new keys and a new module before having the key reprogrammed.

** INTRUSION MODULE **

The Intrusion Module will detect a window being broken or anything moving inside the vehicle while also incorporating an inclination sensor. If someone breaks a window, reaches in through an open window, or tries to tow the car away, the alarm is activated in a similar fashion to many popular aftermarket alarm systems. If you buy a 2022 model, it will come with the Intrusion Module as either a standard or optional feature.

** MOPAR ELECTRONIC VEHICLE TRACKING SYSTEM **

If you want a tighter security system right away, Mopar offers its Electronic Vehicle Tracking System or EVTS. This system costs $495 and offers far more elaborate tracking services than the standard UConnect® Guardian system. It cannot be disabled through the UConnect system and it includes features like geofencing, so you can monitor your vehicle’s movement when someone else is driving it. This system doesn’t prevent someone from stealing your Dodge, but if it does disappear, the Mopar EVTS provides live tracking services through Guidepoint Systems. The Mopar Electronic Vehicle Tracking System isn’t model-specific, so you can have it installed and keep tabs on any modern Dodge vehicle.

squid013

Reaction score
Looks interesting

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

piening2150

Ram Guru
Reaction score
It seems like the rollout date keeps getting pushed back. The Enhanced Security part has been 'coming real soon' for Chargers/Challengers for almost a year.

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I can’t speak for all of those, but I know the key programming lockdown is not yet offered for Rams. Just Dodge. The Hellcat engines are highly sought after by thieves, and the TRX crowd is anxiously awaiting a solution for the Hellcat trucks (TRX). I know I’ll sign up for it the second it’s available.

piening2150

Ram Guru
Reaction score
so this is probably a lie?.
If you buy a 2022 model, it will come with the Intrusion Module as either a standard or optional feature.
I wouldn't say a lie. The physical features like the intrusion sensor are probably available (don't know for sure), but the software enhancements seem to keep getting pushed off into the future. Hellcat guys are anxious for the extra security options.

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Keep in mind that this is mostly “Dodge” stuff. That is a separate brand from Ram. Yes, they’re part of the same parent company, but not the same. Nobody gets excited when Jeep makes an announcement about improvements - that’s just another FCA brand. Like Dodge.

bigdodge

Happy Ram Owner
Reaction score
it appears this is an issue going on for a while
i even posted in one and forgot

Users who are viewing this thread