5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Has anyone fit a bigger sized spare tire?

RamRebelSteel

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I was wondering if anyone has put up a 35" wheel up there? I've been using my rebel for pretty long trips and would be nice to carry it down there instead of in the bed

blownout1500

Reaction score
My 35x12.5r18 ko2 did not fit. You could pry the heat guards wider, but you can’t change the clearance between the back of the tow hitch and the rear diff, which was my issue.

Seemed like a 34” tire just might fit though(?).

RamRebelSteel

Ram Guru
Reaction score
My 35x12.5r18 ko2 did not fit. You could pry the heat guards wider, but you can’t change the clearance between the back of the tow hitch and the rear diff, which was my issue.

Seemed like a 34” tire just might fit though(?).
Damn that's the same size tire I have

Blvckr3bel

Reaction score
Keeping this thread alive to see if my 285/55R22 would fit under there. Measures it to 34.3” and my rebel cane with 33” factory

Blvckr3bel

Reaction score
Keeping this thread alive to see if my 285/55R22 would fit under there. Measures it to 34.3” and my rebel cane with 33” factory

Ranger482

Reaction score
Interested in this as well as I recently went to 35s and factory was 32. Concerned with a flat situation on rear axle and messing up the diff running the factory spare with the difference in diameter. I'm trying to figure out what the smallest diameter spare I can run and not have an issue if I have a flat. Possibly keep it aired down and inflate if needed.

DonB718

Reaction score
Hi....new to the site and new to Ram...Third day with 2019 Limited ran over metal in roadway and destroyed the original 285/45R-22 tire . I want to upgrade the spare from the "temporary" one to 22" to match OEM Goodyear tires and the styled Limited wheels. Can someone please advise if the 22" OEM tire/wheel will fit in the spare tire location?
Thanks....oh and I love this amazing truck...Shopped Chevy (very dated) , Toyota...(just not as nice) and Ford (bland)....

blownout1500

Reaction score
Hi....new to the site and new to Ram...Third day with 2019 Limited ran over metal in roadway and destroyed the original 285/45R-22 tire . I want to upgrade the spare from the "temporary" one to 22" to match OEM Goodyear tires and the styled Limited wheels. Can someone please advise if the 22" OEM tire/wheel will fit in the spare tire location?
Thanks....oh and I love this amazing truck...Shopped Chevy (very dated) , Toyota...(just not as nice) and Ford (bland)....

I would think yes. You’ve got another 3” of diameter clearance vs. my 35/12.5r18 that barely wouldn’t fit.

AnthonyD1978

Reaction score
This guy fit a 33" tire. It looks like a 34" will be close. Will probably fit if you air it down quite a bit. Just make sure you have a compressor on board that car air up a 34" tire (my plan).

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/

Members online